We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Basic Karlach body swapper - From Troon to actual Female tiefling

Do you want to add big tiddies to a game but don't know how? Ask someone else to do it for you!
Ligrev

Basic Karlach body swapper - From Troon to actual Female tiefling

Post by Ligrev »

I don't have a lot of time on my hands, but I did try to do it myself and failed miraculously. The concoction I made, nukes my entire mod list and doesn't work. :groan: So here I am, kindly asking someone to make a simple mod that swaps Karlach for a default female tiefling body type (1) and some basic default head.

Thanks in advance. :salute:
Anon

Post by Anon »

VergilHQ now has somebody larping with Vergil's name in reverse and an avatar mocking him, nice
Metalhead33

Post by Metalhead33 »

Anon wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 18:12
VergilHQ now has somebody larping with Vergil's name in reverse and an avatar mocking him, nice
I'm pretty sure it's secretly Vergin lol
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

But this would ruin the cutscene where she lifts you up and fists your asshole!
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

Replacing her physical form won't change the fact that she's an insufferable, out-of-place writer's pet.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Ligrev wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 11:40
I don't have a lot of time on my hands, but I did try to do it myself and failed miraculously. The concoction I made, nukes my entire mod list and doesn't work. :groan: So here I am, kindly asking someone to make a simple mod that swaps Karlach for a default female tiefling body type (1) and some basic default head.

I made a head from the Datamined one, but it's for the strong body.

I would prefer to change the body into something tall but not as bulked out, but that would require altering every wearable item to match.
A project to swap the female NPCs to the normal body is something that a lot of people want.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

You don't behead her on every playthrough?
Ligrev

Post by Ligrev »

So... 3 out of 3 beheaded playthroughs? what if there is something interesting she says or does that impacts my Dark Urge profoundly in the end?
► Show Spoiler
I tried following guides and mod it myself, but it just won't stick. It's a troon when I power up the game. Maybe they hardcoded it that way specifically? You can gender swap Astarion, Wyll, Gale but you can't make Karlach feminine?! :mad:
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Ligrev wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 22:34
So... 3 out of 3 beheaded playthroughs? what if there is something interesting she says or does that impacts my Dark Urge profoundly in the end?
► Show Spoiler
I tried following guides and mod it myself, but it just won't stick. It's a troon when I power up the game. Maybe they hardcoded it that way specifically? You can gender swap Astarion, Wyll, Gale but you can't make Karlach feminine?! :mad:
I think you would do better asking Orin, fairly sure he did a guide on swapping character things, that said, consider it a in-game bonus, you get to behead a troon.
J-12

Post by J-12 »

Does she really qualify as "troon" though? She might look like steroid abuse victim, sure, but she talks and acts overall like a woman would.
TKVNC wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 22:45
► Show Spoiler
I think you would do better asking Orin, fairly sure he did a guide on swapping character things, that said, consider it a in-game bonus, you get to behead a troon.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

J-12 wrote: March 24th, 2024, 08:57
Does she really qualify as "troon" though? She might look like steroid abuse victim, sure, but she talks and acts overall like a woman would.
► Show Spoiler
I'm going to be real with you chief, I always kill her before she gets a chance to speak more than 3 "Oh no I'm innocent guys" lines.

I'd always purge the Grove too, if you didn't need Dammon for some of the best armour. Tieflings are so cringe.
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

TKVNC wrote: March 24th, 2024, 09:39

I'm going to be real with you chief, I always kill her before she gets a chance to speak more than 3 "Oh no I'm innocent guys" lines.

I'd always purge the Grove too, if you didn't need Dammon for some of the best armour. Tieflings are so cringe.
I couldn't care less about the pagan tree-huggers there either.
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

► Show Spoiler
I have to agree with you - as much as I hate the 'strong woman' trope (kicking in twice in BG3 - problem #435 I have with the game), she is kind of tomboyish in her manners, but still female.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 22:05

I made a head from the Datamined one, but it's for the strong body.

I would prefer to change the body into something tall but not as bulked out, but that would require altering every wearable item to match.
A project to swap the female NPCs to the normal body is something that a lot of people want.
I can probably make a function to mass replace all female strong to female regular.

But it's not worth my time editing every armor/clothing mesh one by one :(
Last edited by orinEsque on March 24th, 2024, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Ligrev

Post by Ligrev »

orinEsque wrote: March 24th, 2024, 15:27
I can probably make a function to mass replace all female strong to female regular.
But what about Karlach specifically? Did they really hardcode her somehow to always have female strong body? There are no mods out there that give her type 1 female form. Though I get it that people on Nexus are afraid of the alphabet brigade shitting all over them if they did it.
J-12

Post by J-12 »

She's really not that bad. Her story might not be the most original i ever heard, but it's ok. The VA did great job with what she had to work with too. Overall, i'd give this character my highest praise among all other stuff from this game - she didn't made me want to kill myself.
TKVNC wrote: March 24th, 2024, 09:39

jebacdrkac

Post by jebacdrkac »

The best you can do with current available mods is to just completely remake her with Appearance edit mod https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/899, which might not work in certain cutscenes and her kissing animations are most likely going to be broken lol
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Ligrev wrote: March 24th, 2024, 17:26
orinEsque wrote: March 24th, 2024, 15:27
But what about Karlach specifically? Did they really hardcode her somehow to always have female strong body? There are no mods out there that give her type 1 female form. Though I get it that people on Nexus are afraid of the alphabet brigade shitting all over them if they did it.
Karlach was a regular bodied (not very good looking tiefling) in EA. Not recruitable
Rand

Post by Rand »

Dysgenic EA Karlach.
Apparently the infernal parent spent time in Chult...
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

Rand wrote: March 25th, 2024, 02:27
Dysgenic EA Karlach.
Apparently the infernal parent spent time in Chult...
She never knew her daddy :sad: