Fixed Standalone Frontier Cars (Reupload) 6.55 — Fallout: New Vegas

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

Vergil

Fixed Standalone Frontier Cars (Reupload) 6.55 — Fallout: New Vegas

Post by Vergil »

Overview
Original mod page here
Some saint has stripped out the cars from The Frontier and made them fully playable in the Mojave wasteland without the infamous lower JIP NVSE version requirement of previous Frontier Cars standalone versions. Bundled in the FOMOD installer are multiple other car mods that have been edited to not require The Frontier and edited/optimized for compatibility and stability. Rehosting here because the original mod author responsible for the cars in the frontier is a butthurt Ukrainian loser notorious for trying to get any attempts to separate the cars taken down with faulty DMCA requests despite he himself refusing to finish his own standalone version for nebulous reasons.
I've included the original author's mirrors as well as a mirror I've uploaded to the vault.

Video Showcase

Optional Mods Included in FOMOD Installer
All mods have readme files included for further detail but a brief overview of each
► LordZomX Car Addons
► Alternative Names, units, and/or battery powered
► Animated Garage Door
► GasPumpsOfNV
► State Signs
► Railroad Sign
► Tumbleweed Removal
► Nipton Cleaners
► Highwayman
► Highway Patrol Car
► HMMV
► Bonus Cars
► MadMaxMojave
► MadMaxCapital

Downloads
FilesVersionTypeDescription
📥 Fixed Standalone Frontier Cars 6.55MainVault Mirror
Image Fixed Standalone Frontier Cars 6.55MainOriginal One Drive Mirror
Image Fixed Standalone Frontier Cars 6.55MainOriginal Google Drive Mirror

Credits
  • VoxelVarmint (Modpack creator and fixer)
  • Xilandro (For being a butthurt hohol and requiring people to do his work for him and find alternative hosts for it)
  • The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

Last edited by loregamer on April 27th, 2024, 21:43, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Better table

Tags:
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Interestingly, there's another similar mod floating around (but not in the wild IIRC) where some guy took Oblivion's horses and ported them to New Vegas, so you can actually use a horse for transportation - which made me question why the feature was never implemented in the base New Vegas game?

As for this mod, does it just dump a car in front of you or is there a quest associated with getting one, or simply a requirements in components/caps to get a vehicle?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

gerey wrote: April 27th, 2024, 16:58
As for this mod, does it just dump a car in front of you or is there a quest associated with getting one, or simply a requirements in components/caps to get a vehicle?
I've been playing with it and the base mod adds the cars around different parts of the wasteland (spotted the buggy at Nellis and the Rampager at Cottonwood cove). The Highwayman has a small quest to find a part before you can fix it (it uses the vanilla game wrecked highwayman as a starting point). Bonus cars adds more randomly around the wasteland.
niag4ra44

Post by niag4ra44 »

Has anyone experienced an bug where the vehicles tend to disappear or teleport? It could be a plugin issue for me but the mod works the cars tend to teleport. I can drive around, use them, repair them, etc...but sometimes they just teleport to a different location.
It doesn't stay consistently in the spot its left on.

It could happen to anyone who uses the mod, so just don't use the cars as containers you may have to legit fight for your items in some areas or the car will just disappear and clip through the land.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

gerey wrote: April 27th, 2024, 16:58
Interestingly, there's another similar mod floating around (but not in the wild IIRC) where some guy took Oblivion's horses and ported them to New Vegas, so you can actually use a horse for transportation - which made me question why the feature was never implemented in the base New Vegas game?

It wasn't implemented in the base game because Oblivion was a shitshow and promised a delivery timeline of 18 months.