We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

White Allandra Grey 2.2.0.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

Makirige

White Allandra Grey 2.2.0.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Makirige »

Pictures
Image ImageImage

Optionnal
1. Full Makeup

ImageImageImage
2. Without Makeup
ImageImageImage

Old version
► Show Spoiler

Overview
Makes Allandra Grey white.

Update
Portrait added

Downloads
FilesVersionTypeUpload Date
White Allandra Grey2.2.0Main2 April 2024
White Allandra Grey Full Makeup2.2.0Optionnal Full Makeup2 April 2024
White Allandra Grey Without Makeup2.2.0Optionnal Without Makeup2 April 2024
Old Versions
► Show Spoiler

Changelog
► Show Spoiler

Credits
  • @orinEsque and @loregamer for basically doing the whole mod for me and just telling me "Click that button, copy that". :scratch:
  • Thanks to @ArcaneLurker for making adjustments to the GR2 file
  • And thanks @orinEsque for her help and spreadsheets !

Gallery Picture
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by loregamer on April 26th, 2024, 03:47, edited 17 times in total.

Tags:
Rand

Post by Rand »

Makirige wrote: February 25th, 2024, 22:52
Many thanks to @orinEsque for his help and spreadsheets !
We are SO not the pronoun police here (LOLOL) but I should point out that orinEsque is a her.
Not a big deal, but she's done so much awesome work, I feel she deserves a little extra respect.

Thanks for the mod!
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Rand wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:15
We are SO not the pronoun police here (LOLOL) but I should point out that orinEsque is a her.
Not a big deal, but she's done so much awesome work, I feel she deserves a little extra respect.

Thanks for the mod!
oh i didn't know I hadn't seen, i edited, thank you ahah
Last edited by Makirige on February 25th, 2024, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

What exactly are you disagreeing with @rusty_shackleford ?
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Good job, Makirige! Nice to see more modders choosing HQ.
Rand wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:19

Offtopic: Maybe he thinks I'm a 500 pound man called Steve? (also I won't take offence if you misgender me, I'm happy enough with the credit :D)
Last edited by orinEsque on February 25th, 2024, 23:31, edited 3 times in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

@orinEsque im sorry, but in this context (massages above) i can't hold myself, i will make this joke.

Rule of the internet #30

Last edited by Faceless_Sentinel on February 25th, 2024, 23:33, edited 3 times in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Because someone's gender, especially in the internet, is a mostly irrelevant detail (plus Orin can correct this kind of thing herself if she thinks it's an issue)
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Anon wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:34

Because someone's gender, especially in the internet, is a mostly irrelevant detail (plus Orin can correct this kind of thing herself if she thinks it's an issue)
Its an honest mistake and she apologised to me elsewhere anyway. Lets drop it thanks. Now show some based mod appreciation people!
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Rand wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:15

Thanks for the mod!
@rusty_shackleford please update the rules with anchors so I can directly link to #7. Thanks.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:45
@rusty_shackleford please update the rules with anchors so I can directly link to #7. Thanks.
:lol:
Lol, no. Not applicable.
I want @orinEsque to keep making mods, and she CLEARLY runs on compliments and respect, so it's only good policy to do so when appropriate.
Last edited by Rand on February 25th, 2024, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

https://files.catbox.moe/hasy6u.GR2
I edited it-- Lips too thin?
Also added LODs. I think the _Base is a duplicate.

EDIT:

Removed LODs as Orin suggested-
https://files.catbox.moe/l8r75e.GR2

Rename to RhaenyraD.GR2 and replace the one in "\Generated\RhaenyraDaughter" after you unpack the PAK + duplicate and replace the RHaenyraD_Base.GR2 as well.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 26th, 2024, 01:30, edited 4 times in total.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:54
I can't see this is it normal?
Rand

Post by Rand »

Makirige wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:00
It's a downloadable file.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Rand wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:01
uhh i can't open this
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Makirige wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:02
Rand wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:01

uhh i can't open this
You don't open it :D stick it in this path you showed me earlier:

It's a 3d model you open in blender. No need for you worry rn.
Last edited by orinEsque on February 26th, 2024, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Oh yeah, I have Noesis set up for GR2, but I can screenshot Blender real quick...

You basically have to unpack the PAK file, swap the .GR2 file (and the _base one too), and repack it, using the multitool.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 26th, 2024, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:04
Oh yeah, I have Noesis set up for GR2, but I can screenshot Blender real quick...

You basically have to unpack the PAK file, swap the .GR2 file (and the _base one too), and repack it, using the multitool.
Oh is that the edited version of the black woman?
If so you can just override the path from where this head came from. And restore the original "Head" code. I'll show you tomorrow.
Last edited by orinEsque on February 26th, 2024, 00:17, edited 3 times in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:06

No-no... It's the Allandra one.
and I might make another face with less plump lips using Allandra's face model.
PS. It might look fine in Blender but then ingame, with facial animations... not look so great.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 26th, 2024, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:09

PS. It might look fine in Blender but then ingame, with facial animations... not look so great.
Oh I see! It will be fine if you create a head template for it, using Padme's tutorial: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/ ... ?tab=files

If you replace the GR2 directly, animation will mess up. This only works if you are editing the original head, in this case, the black head.

Because its Allandra one, Makirige can just create a path in this mod called "Generated/RhaenyraDaughter/". And put the GR2 file in that folder. It should be named the same as below RhaenyraDaugher.GR2
Last edited by orinEsque on February 26th, 2024, 00:20, edited 3 times in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

For reference, LODs are bugged in the blender export, and I recommend not using them, and setting Distance to 0 for all meshes/
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:25

For reference, LODs are bugged in the blender export, and I recommend not using them, and setting Distance to 0 for all meshes/
... damn.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:17

Oh I see! It will be fine if you create a head template for it, using Padme's tutorial: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/ ... ?tab=files

If you replace the GR2 directly, animation will mess up. This only works if you are editing the original head, in this case, the black head.

Because its Allandra one, Makirige can just create a path in this mod called "Generated/RhaenyraDaughter/". And put the GR2 file in that folder. It should be named the same as below RhaenyraDaugher.GR2
What was the issue Lexo faced with editing player heads like the black head this character uses?
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:48
orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 00:17

What was the issue Lexo faced with editing player heads like the black head this character uses?
I'm not sure actually. @lexo1000 ?
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

Rand wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:49
Oyster Sauce wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:45
:lol:
Lol, no. Not applicable.
I want @orinEsque to keep making mods, and she CLEARLY runs on compliments and respect, so it's only good policy to do so when appropriate.
I migh be a fag, but I'd simp for @orinEsque :read:
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

lexo1000 wrote: February 26th, 2024, 06:07
Replacing vanilla heads breaks face animations.
Tbh with altered player heads, I couldn't get any changes to work (or work with the mods I have atm). I could mess around with companion heads easy enough and the animations didn't seem broken.

Did you alter the position of skeleton bones at all?
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 26th, 2024, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 13:50
Tbh with altered player heads, I couldn't get any changes to work (or work with the mods I have atm). I could mess around with companion heads easy enough and the animations didn't seem broken.

You won't get glitches if you create a head template properly and link the head UUID in the charactervisuals merged file. On the otherwise If you replace the GR2 directly you will ALWAYS get broken animations.

This is because the head's base animation specified in the head's LSX file and the actual head no longer match. So say you blendered head K, you need to pull out the LSX file for head K, and edit that to create a new visual resource for your edited-head K. Padme has a head template on nexus.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 14:35

You won't get glitches if you create a head template properly and link the head UUID in the charactervisuals merged file. On the otherwise If you replace the GR2 directly you will ALWAYS get broken animations.

This is because the head's base animation specified in the head's LSX file and the actual head no longer match. So say you blendered head K, you need to pull out the LSX file for head K, and edit that to create a new visual resource for your edited-head K. Padme has a head template on nexus.
Well, let's take this Allandra one for example, that mod already has a merged file with it. So would I need to redo it after changing the head model?
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 14:43

Well, let's take this Allandra one for example, that mod already has a merged file with it. So would I need to redo it after changing the head model?
Technically, there shouldn't be mouth movement issues if you simply reference the visualBank ID for Allandra in the charactervisuals file. Is that not the case?
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 15:28
ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 14:43

Technically, there shouldn't be mouth movement issues if you simply reference the visualBank ID for Allandra in the charactervisuals file. Is that not the case?
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/ ... ?tab=posts
Ah, balls, of course this doesn't have a merged file. Brain fart.
Although it wasn't animation issues, it just didn't appear to work in game at all after turning it into a PAK file, so I assumed it must be being overwritten.

I'm probably at fault for confusing you but I haven't had problems with the Allandra one, since I've not tested the change, I was just using it as an example. It should be fine... except...
The only animation issues I've had with swapping the companion heads is that the animations are still made for the previous head model, so sometimes even small changes may look odd.
Also the piercings/ beards won't snap to the correct areas. In reaction to that, I moved the skeleton bones/ nodes, like moving the nostril bones to realign with the actual nostrils, and that seemed to help for animations, but I'm not sure I'm supposed to do that... I haven't moved the bones in the Allandra edit I posted.

I thought @lexo1000 created a Merged file with UUIds though, right?
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 26th, 2024, 15:50, edited 2 times in total.