Anno 1404

For discussing tactical and strategy games. What's the difference between tactics and strategy anyways?
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Anno 1404

Post by Eyestabber »

Just finished the campaign of Anno 1404. I must thank @Irenaeus for recommending it. The Anno series as a whole is one I skipped due to the global warming game being both pozzed and boring. But it seems like older titles are good? I enjoyed the campaign quite a lot. Silly but highly entertaining story. Sure, it has some pozzed themes, but I guess people weren't that nigger fatigued back in 2009.

Dis cunt got rekt. Any other Anno games that you guys consider to be HQ? Is the Venice campaign worth playing?

Also, the Crusader lady is super cute. Characters in this game have more personality than characters in a Bethesda """RPG""", go figure.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

I really enjoyed Anno 1404. Attempts to recapture that magic with other installments fell flat for me.

The expansion is also worth playing. And if you want more after that I would direct you to the scenarios.
cbight

Post by cbight »

The first game - Anno 1602 (developed by Max Design + Sunflower IE) - is still - by far - the best of all the Anno games. The original devs (Maxis) kinda shat the bed with Anno 1503 and had to sell the rights to whoever is doing the Anno games now (Anno 1503 isn't a bad games - it's just that it's so much worse than 1602).

Anno 1701 (developed by the current devs) was pretty meh. Anno 1404 was good again. The two modern-age installments sucked. The current one Anno 1800 is alright.
Last edited by cbight on May 6th, 2024, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

best anno is still 1602
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

cbight wrote: May 6th, 2024, 19:45
The current one Anno 1800 is alright.
You're barking mad, it's one of the most woke/sjw versions of the game.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Ok, so here's the thing. I played the entirety of the campaign in the Gold version from GoG. Now I learned there's a "history edition" that is a x64-bit version with a lot of QoL features. However, this version has mixed reviews on Steam due to anti-consumer DRM bullshit. So the takeaway is the pirate version of the history edition is probably the best way to play the game, lmao. Fuck Ubisoft.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Huh...Kinda lost track of time there.