We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Do you take any supplements?

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Organ meats, sometimes.
ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

Ashwagandha 10% withanolides to lower cortisol and improve sleep quality. The only supplement I've taken daily for over five years.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

No, supplements are a scam. I just eat the whole animal.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Those aren't supplements, those are the core product.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Most of you guys are taking vast quantities of vitamin D.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Tweed wrote: May 12th, 2024, 05:59
Not me, I get all of mine simply from consuming the livers of my prey.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Does whey protain counts as a supplement?

I take Vitamins C, D and Zinc.
Last edited by Irenaeus on May 12th, 2024, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Irenaeus wrote: May 12th, 2024, 23:12
Does whey protain counts as a supplement?
It's a supplement if it isn't made of a plant or animal bit (or is the whole thing) that can be torn free by physical force using at most simple tools or your bare hands. If it doesn't come from a plant or animal, or needs to be chemically separated from it, then it's a supplement. So, liver isn't a supplement, because it's a part of an animal that you can tear free with your bare hands. Milk isn't a supplement, because it can be squeezed from a cow with your bare hands. Whey isn't a supplement because it is simply the part of the soured milk that is left after the cheese is physically scraped off the surface. But how do you get from there to just "whey protein"? That makes it a supplement.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Used to get Valerian, Belladonna, poppy seed something, alcohol, or just plain coffee to go to sleep. Had to quit the coffee because I found out it messed with the nerves, which is dangerous for my heart, even though I fell asleep (didn't know people used coffee to wake up as it had the opposite effect on me, though it had to be scalding hot and very strong to have that effect), the alcohol because I grew worried about my liver and wanted to be a better person (I drank different types for different situations, some to sleep, some to recover from sickness and some to give myself a kick and get things done when I was physically feeling too weak to do anything, though those types also made me work myself to the bone without realizing and going days without feeling the need to eat anything), the Valerian because it wouldn't have any effect and, like with the Belladonna (that, though, WOULD get me sleepy), I started to mess with the dosage just to get something more out of it, which could get dangerous, the poppy seeds I simply stopped using them and now only get them when there is a sweet (Polish cakes, forget the name) that has them in it but they never made me sleepy, just feeling more mellow.

I saw it mentioned above, if the animal organs count I do take some when I can afford them, though I don't use them as supplements and only as food.
ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

^ For sleep I recommend the Tibetan medicine Bimala, effective yet non-addictive. This is the place I got them from, there's cheaper out there but I can't verify their quality.
https://www.siddhienergetics.com/products/bimala

L-Theanine is also good, and when combined with GABA as a supplement is meant to improve sleep quality, not just aiding in getting to sleep.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30707852/
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

ManjuShri wrote: May 13th, 2024, 09:00
^ For sleep I recommend the Tibetan medicine Bimala, effective yet non-addictive. This is the place I got them from, there's cheaper out there but I can't verify their quality.

L-Theanine is also good, and when combined with GABA as a supplement is meant to improve sleep quality, not just aiding in getting to sleep.
I thank you for the recommendations! Though I want to keep free from needing anything for basic human actions if I can help it and I now ironically WANT to stay awake
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on May 13th, 2024, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

DagothGeas5 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 08:40
Used to get Valerian, Belladonna, poppy seed something, alcohol, or just plain coffee to go to sleep. Had to quit the coffee because I found out it messed with the nerves, which is dangerous for my heart, even though I fell asleep (didn't know people used coffee to wake up as it had the opposite effect on me, though it had to be scalding hot and very strong to have that effect), the alcohol because I grew worried about my liver and wanted to be a better person (I drank different types for different situations, some to sleep, some to recover from sickness and some to give myself a kick and get things done when I was physically feeling too weak to do anything, though those types also made me work myself to the bone without realizing and going days without feeling the need to eat anything), the Valerian because it wouldn't have any effect and, like with the Belladonna (that, though, WOULD get me sleepy), I started to mess with the dosage just to get something more out of it, which could get dangerous, the poppy seeds I simply stopped using them and now only get them when there is a sweet (Polish cakes, forget the name) that has them in it but they never made me sleepy, just feeling more mellow.

I saw it mentioned above, if the animal organs count I do take some when I can afford them, though I don't use them as supplements and only as food.
have u tried physical exertion before sleep? i guess depends how bad is your heart
i sleep better after 200 pushups right before going to bed.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Tweed wrote: May 12th, 2024, 05:59
furry making gay dick joke and nobody notices, even @Slavic cumguzzler .
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Red7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 11:45

have u tried physical exertion before sleep? i guess depends how bad is your heart
I did actually! Though they would make me feel more awake than tired when I tried, something to do with adrenaline I would say, also, as I love doing manual things, if I got going, I would focus entirely on piling more and more work to the list out of how much fun I was having (I lack the word for it, but that feeling when you run and your body begs you to stop, but you go ahead and then suddenly you feel almost cold and completely relaxed, that was the norm for me). Now I can barely stand straight without risking a heart problem, nevermind running, jumping, using anything that has to do with bending the upper body, picking things up that are lower than waist level, lifting anything with my left side, and especially turning my torso to the left (like some guy from Zoolander XD).
For more info, as I would LOVE to get back to doing something more physical with my life and you seem to know your shit (hope you know some workout I can do):
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on May 13th, 2024, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

DagothGeas5 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 12:17

I did actually! Though they would make me feel more awake than tired when I tried, something to do with adrenaline I would say, also, as I love doing manual things, if I got going, I would focus entirely on piling more and more work to the list out of how much fun I was having (I lack the word for it, but that feeling when you run and your body begs you to stop, but you go ahead and then suddenly you feel almost cold and completely relaxed, that was the norm for me). Now I can barely stand straight without risking a heart problem, nevermind running, jumping, using anything that has to do with bending the upper body, picking things up that are lower than waist level, lifting anything with my left side, and especially turning my torso to the left (like some guy from Zoolander XD).
For more info, as I would LOVE to get back to doing something more physical with my life and you seem to know your shit (hope you know some workout I can do):
► Show Spoiler
tendency to yawn is usually related to not enough oxygen in brain
have u checked your red cell count and do u got issues with breathing/tried control heart rate with breathing.

i would do breath holding test/exercise, just do it laying down or where u wont hurt when u faint out etc. lung healthy adult should hold at leat 1 minute

longer exertion will pump cortezol and keep u awake/agitated, i did 1hr time trial almost 2 days ago and im still feeling it
but if u do very short strenght push it will calm u and lower your blood pressure. enough to stertch blood vessels but wont hit your adrenaline much. 30 second to 2 minutes burst.
even 10 second like 3-5 reps with max weight to failure will do.

if u got desk job and like sit all day u might consider steady pace cycling cause lack of regular exertion could part of issue. if u were active and it got worse i would stick to some breathing exercises.

u can put like 20kg plate on chest and do slow deep breathing it would stimulate normally not every used chest muscles and could help as well
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Red7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 15:56

► Show Spoiler
have u checked your red cell count and do u got issues with breathing/tried control heart rate with breathing.

i would do breath holding test/exercise, just do it laying down or where u wont hurt when u faint out etc. lung healthy adult should hold at leat 1 minute

longer exertion will pump cortezol and keep u awake/agitated, i did 1hr time trial almost 2 days ago and im still feeling it
but if u do very short strenght push it will calm u and lower your blood pressure. enough to stertch blood vessels but wont hit your adrenaline much. 30 second to 2 minutes burst.

if u got desk job and like sit all day u might consider steady pace cycling cause lack of regular exertion could part of issue. if u were active and it got worse i would stick to some breathing exercises.

u can put like 20kg plate on chest and do slow deep breathing it would stimulate normally not every used chest muscles and could help as well
(Will place it in a spoiler as it is going off the topic and do not wish to clutter)
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on May 13th, 2024, 16:50, edited 2 times in total.
Thor Kaufman
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Thor Kaufman »

lol I saw your first post and that reminded me of siddhienergetics and I wanted to look up the sleeping thing because I forgot the name and here you are mentioning it conveniently. God bless you.

btw the site seems to be down rn. Does it have connectivity problems?
Last edited by Thor Kaufman on May 13th, 2024, 17:01, edited 2 times in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

DagothGeas5 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 16:44

► Show Spoiler

(Will place it in a spoiler as it is going off the topic and do not wish to clutter)
► Show Spoiler
u sure u got anemia from heart problems or not other way around?
i cant imagine how heart problem can cause anemia at least directly. if u avoid exertion then ye it would contribute

u dont get any part of u stronger without torturing it. rest is even more important, especially when older
if u gonna go more easy the more weak u get, u will get more weak progressively

For work setting, I cannot work as I used to, but I cannot sit tight unless I am very weak (in which case I just lay in bed), and am usually always around the house cooking, cleaning, or any sort of things that might pop-up (there are times that I also walk a dog to the countryside, though I have to now take frequent breaks), otherwise I use the time I am forced to bed to study new things (trying my hand at learning Chinese), play games or read things on here.
u shouldnt do all that bs busy work. thats like vagina hyperactivity, keep it for minimal. dont keep yourself busy all the time, have lots of rest. concentrate time when u are active and rest more. be idle, system heals most when its idle. it seem to me u may got some hormonal anxiety issues. check your t levels u may need trt.

the whole point of breathing exercises is to develop heart control. and lung capacity. there are guys who push like 20+ minutes with extra slow heart rate. i max around 3 min with little practice. i wouldnt worry about brain damage u would need to get choked out and kept out of oxygen for 1+ minute for that
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Red7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 18:20

► Show Spoiler
i cant imagine how heart problem can cause anemia at least directly. if u avoid exertion then ye it would contribute

u dont get any part of u stronger without torturing it. rest is even more important, especially when older

For work setting, I cannot work as I used to, but I cannot sit tight unless I am very weak (in which case I just lay in bed), and am usually always around the house cooking, cleaning, or any sort of things that might pop-up (there are times that I also walk a dog to the countryside, though I have to now take frequent breaks), otherwise I use the time I am forced to bed to study new things (trying my hand at learning Chinese), play games or read things on here.
u shouldnt do all that bs busy work. thats like vagina hyperactivity, keep it for minimal. dont keep yourself busy all the time, have lots of rest. concentrate time when u are active and rest more. be idle, system heals most when its idle. it seem to me u may got some hormonal anxiety issues. check your t levels u may need trt.

the whole point of breathing exercises is to develop heart control. and lung capacity. there are guys who push like 20+ minutes with extra slow heart rate. i max around 3 min with little practice. i wouldnt worry about brain damage u would need to get choked out and kept out of oxygen for 1+ minute for that
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on May 14th, 2024, 09:58, edited 5 times in total.
ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

Thor Kaufman wrote: May 13th, 2024, 16:59

lol I saw your first post and that reminded me of siddhienergetics and I wanted to look up the sleeping thing because I forgot the name and here you are mentioning it conveniently. God bless you.

btw the site seems to be down rn. Does it have connectivity problems?
:heart: Working for me atm.

@DagothGeas5 Have you been diagnosed with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome? Have you been prescribed Ivabradine or the like?
Red7

Post by Red7 »

DagothGeas5 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 19:06
Red7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 18:20

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

u dont need expensive weights really at begin, they just give options. u can even fill plastic bags with water and use those as kettle type weight
most stuff can be done with body weight with different pushups but u need find some bar for pullups.

advantage of plate/something metal its stiff and u can grab in ways u cant grab bag.
u could lay flat put some hard cover thick book on chest and weight on top so u concentrate weight in center when u breath

rest works after exertion. its like 1% exertion and 99% rest really, exertion is only stimuli to process during rest.
without proper rest exertion will just weaker body. also deliver lots of animal fat and protein.