We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

What does community mean?

Do you have a dumb political opinion? Do you want other people to know about your dumb political opinion? Look no further!
maidenhaver

What does community mean?

Post by maidenhaver »

I automatically ignore anybody who uses it, because it shares a root with communism.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I've also removed anything with red on it from my wardrobe due to it's communistic subtext.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Imagine being part of a comm*nity :yuck:
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Brothers, don't let the long-haired hippy faggot libtard kike feminazi dyke pinkos take community from you. Being community leaders had been the right and proper role of men until the types mentioned above tried, mostly successfully unfortunately, to take it away.

A community only needs two things:

1 - something that connects the people in it together. This could mean geographically (where you live), or a belief or interest that ties you to others, like enjoying rpgs and being racist.

2 - that the people in the community care about the wellbeing of other people in it. Do you care if you live in a decent neighborhood rather than one overun with junkies? Do you wonder how your HQ bros are doing sometimes and want to encourage them to have right thoughts and play good games? Then you are in a community.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

Suburban neighborhoods are dead. First it was the industrial revolution, which led to people uprooting from the communities they lived in to travel to a city in pursuit of a job, and now it is routine to change jobs and move around every few years. And now you have corporations buying up houses and renting them out, so fewer people are sticking around for more than 2 or 3 years. Which means there is little incentive for people to come home exhausted from work and then make the effort to talk to their neighbors if that relationship will end shortly, and that's assuming that your neighbors are even people you might want to talk to. They might speak another language and you can't talk to them at all and their only interaction with you is screaming incomprehensibly at you. Or they have different values with you and you don't want to associate with them at all. Or maybe you just don't have any shared interests to bond over. The sad reality is that I have more in common with people on internet forums who live thousands of miles away from me and who I will never see in person than the people right next to me.

Then women entered the workforce. Wives bonding with each other during the daytime was how they organized events and roped their husbands into meeting each other, but that doesn't happen anymore. So neighborhood activity is dead.

It used to be that - in the pre internet days - you might knock on your neighbor's door to ask them for knowledge on how to do something, but now with the internet and youtube you don't need to interact with your neighbor to learn anything anymore. And ofcourse, with supermarkets you can drive down to, or even being able to order stuff dropped at your doorstep with Amazon, you don't need to ask your neighbor to lend you anything. I only know the name of the guy across the street because ocassionally his car needs jumper cables.

In my neighborhood, there have been a couple attempts at potlucks or neighborhood watch meetings to try to get people to talk to each other more, but people just wound up going back inaide their houses and staying there.

Local neighborhood communities are dead. Men's hangouts like the gold club or the Boy Scouts have been gutted too with inclusion becoming mandatory under the threat of crushing lawsuits by LGBT organizations. Men can't be bros around each other and say what they want to say with a woman hanging around. My Troop decided to disband because they didn't want to be forced to allow gays to join and be around the boys, and again the Church funding the troop would not be able to afford to waste money on a fruitless lawsuit in California. (Though another issue is that sadly fewer and fewer .en cared about Boy Scouts. My Scoutmaster was supposed to be a temporary fill in until someone else could be found, and wound up being there for decades, and as he became old and couldn't ride motorbikes anymore and talk of the future of Troop came up, no one could be found willing to succeed him).

The quality of your local Church or Bible study group is really variable, and again there is no guarantee you're going to meet people there with the same interests as you.

Acrux wrote: April 13th, 2024, 06:41
Do you care if you live in a decent neighborhood rather than one overun with junkies?
Homeless people (usually mentally ill) have begun dwelling in the park across the street more often. They started hanging out there more when the city installed a public bathroom there, which they began using as shelter. Calling the police is only a temporary measure, as the homeless people just come back and the police don't haul anyone off to the services the city taxpayers pay for. At another local park, drug dealers began performing deals in the parking lot years ago and the police are inept at making the problem go away, so now people avoid going to that park. And over the last couple years, I've suspected that drug dealers have tried meeting at the park across the street too, and again police action is seemingly ineffective. Men can't be here 24/7 to drive out these people. Men are out of the house working during the day or tired and asleep at night when this stuff is happening, and there is no way it'd be safe for a woman to approach and do it herself.
Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss on April 13th, 2024, 07:14, edited 5 times in total.
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

Gibbeting a few dealers ought to keep the rest away.
SpellSword

Post by SpellSword »

Hauberk wrote: April 13th, 2024, 07:31
I think this may be relevant:
Lee Kuan Yew (Prime Minister of Singapore) wrote:
... despite the death penalty the rewards are so enormous that people are willing to risk it ...
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

SpellSword wrote: April 13th, 2024, 09:51
... despite the death penalty the rewards are so enormous that people are willing to risk it ...
Just keep killing them? Its not that hard to just do it again when you catch another guy. Complex mathematics tells me that if you keep hanging all drug dealers the drug dealer co-efficient will reach zero eventually. :read:
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Community means a real life social space where people related to each other congregate and work together in productive projects to prosper. This only happens now in very small towns not consumed by pozz/globohomo or communism.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

A Chinese opium den wrote: April 13th, 2024, 10:30
Just keep killing them? Its not that hard to just do it again when you catch another guy. Complex mathematics tells me that if you keep hanging all drug dealers the drug dealer co-efficient will reach zero eventually. :read:
It would be really cool if we could death penalty drug dealers, rapists, and pedos.
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

Yeah, like Image who rapes to punish the guilty.

And you're probably right, @SpellSword. What an interview, by the way. Lee Kuan Yew totally destroys the reporter.
Anon

Post by Anon »

If a woman does anything wrong you take her to police, hit her or kill her, anything beside raping.

Rape and pedophilia are the most disgusting activities in humanity. It's using your superior force to subdue and oppress somebody weaker in the nastiest and most primitive way possible. If I ever get to prison it'll be by crushing a pedo or rapist's skull and I'm not being edgy.
Last edited by Anon on April 13th, 2024, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I love everything I've heard about Singapore.