We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout 4 tv show from Amazon

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
Element

Post by Element »

krokodil wrote: April 24th, 2024, 20:11
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 24th, 2024, 11:05
Roguey wrote: April 24th, 2024, 11:04
It keeps happening.

Roguey, I realize you're autistic but nearly nobody except someone like Avellone when drunk is going to burn their bridges to shit on this. He had no specific compliments, just "wow they used the same music we used."
maybe the show is.... good
It isn't.
It simply tones down the one-the-nose woke agitprop that pervades everything else, which is why normies don't hate it.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

Element wrote: April 24th, 2024, 20:14
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 24th, 2024, 11:05

Roguey, I realize you're autistic but nearly nobody except someone like Avellone when drunk is going to burn their bridges to shit on this. He had no specific compliments, just "wow they used the same music we used."
It isn't.
It simply tones down the one-the-nose woke agitprop that pervades everything else, which is why normies don't hate it.
cope
Element

Post by Element »

krokodil wrote: April 24th, 2024, 20:16

It isn't.
cope
with what?
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

Element wrote: April 24th, 2024, 20:16
krokodil wrote: April 24th, 2024, 20:16

It isn't.
cope
with what?
the success of mr howard and mr pagliarulo
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 24th, 2024, 15:39
Roguey wrote: April 24th, 2024, 15:29
Burning bridges with whom exactly?
The guy he asked the question to is a design director at a studio that makes VR games. Essentially all VR games are heavily subsidized by VR/console manufacturers.

Guess what Microsoft has been funding for years?

I'm not saying he's definitely saying that because it might burn bridges, but if someone put me on the spot to publicly comment about a product made by a company that my employer has and possibly will in the future collaborate with, my answer won't be unbiased.
Yeah, if you are someone who works for a company like Microsoft I imagine that you can't really say anything bad about them. It reminds me of how actors in Hollywood can't say that a movie they worked on is shit until after a NDA passes its expiration date for fear of legal backlash. I believed this was the case for Michael Irons who wasn't allowed to say anything bad about the D&D movie he was in. It was only years later where he said that the movie was shit but he took the job because he had a castle to pay off. Likewise, many whistleblowers for companies like Microsoft, Disney and Amazon are usually anonymous because they fear the legal backlash they will get for talking negatively about their company and for also airing out their dirty laundry. What is that meme that Reddit likes to use from The Last Airbender? Oh yeah; "There is no war in Ba-Sing-Se."
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 24th, 2024, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

It isn't.
How is it toned down? You have interracial relationships, the female lead is open about wanting sex, you have Vault Tec destroying the world for profit.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

Difference between people who played a games and sellouts is so obvious:
Last edited by Faceless_Sentinel on April 25th, 2024, 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

You can put Yellowflash in there too. He has been going all out defending this show saying that it isn't woke, its a great adaption and that it's a good thing that this show brought more people into the Fallout fandom. Yes because that is just what the Fallout fandom needs, more tourists. Worked out so well for D&D, Warhammer and Marvel and DC comics. It is funny as this asshole got his start telling everyone to gatekeep their hobbies and deriding woke shit but seems to eat it up in this regard. I hate these fucking grifters so much that it is unreal.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 25th, 2024, 06:14, edited 2 times in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

I wish mauler made a video explaining why this show is awful with his knowledge of universe and attention to details, but he doesn't have balls for this.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

RangerBoo wrote: April 25th, 2024, 06:11
You can put Yellowflash in there too. He has been going all out defending this show saying that it isn't woke, its a great adaption and that it's a good thing that this show brought more people into the Fallout fandom. Yes because that is just what the Fallout fandom needs, more tourists. Worked out so well for D&D, Warhammer and Marvel and DC comics. It is funny as this asshole got his start telling everyone to gatekeep their hobbies and deriding woke shit but seems to eat it up in this regard. I hate these fucking grifters so much that it is unreal.
He has always been one of the worst fence sitting grifters on that corner of Youtube. Whenever something even remotely controversial came up, he would make a 20 min video saying nothing and then always claims "I don't know, I am not really familiar with that game/franchise/series/topic."

Terrible 'cOnTeNt CrEaToR' that is just the bottom of the barrel of drama channels that just vomit videos about drama without anything absolutely anything to the discussion.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Kind of interesting that what the fallout show did to the NCR and New Vegas is essentially what Avellone wanted.

EDIT: Jesus how and why do you people know so many random literally who e-celebs who make slop essays
Last edited by Vergil on April 25th, 2024, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Watching 10+ hours of random gay YouTubers reviewing a show you shouldn't care about and getting mad every time....
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 25th, 2024, 06:18
I wish mauler made a video explaining why this show is awful with his knowledge of universe and attention to details, but he doesn't have balls for this.
"attention to details" lmao he's an actual fucking retard that can't understand basic fucking things. I skimmed through that critical drinker after hours linked above and he (mauler) stated that the people who helped moldaver raid the vault in ep 1 'worship her' and when people said "what?" he said "yeah don't you remember that scene where they worship her like a god and cover their bodies w/ ashes?" .... except, those people and that whole worship cult thing was ONLY in vault 4 where they took in surface dwellers that survived "the fall of shady sands"

he's a complete pseud and it's pathetic that people hang on his every word because he is objectively wrong half the time, and the other half of the time he comes across as completely autistic in a "why did this character in this fictional story do something irrational? that's bad writing!"

like i've said multiple times before, there are many things to criticize the show about, but most people are just repeating retarded e-celebs that don't even know what they are talking about
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Vergil wrote: April 25th, 2024, 07:47
EDIT: Jesus how and why do you people know so many random literally who e-celebs who make slop essays
aren't you a zoomer? you should be doomscrolling youtube
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

Mauler reviewing "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens

"It was the best of times..."
Well that is a bit presumptuous. By who's metric? Do we have any objective PROOF it was the best of times?
"...it was the worst of times."
And right after this the author contradicts himself! How do you expect me to take this seriously when you don't even know if it was the best or the worst?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

only critique you need is the show promotes miscegenation
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

What is funny is that all these so called Right Wing Culture War YouTubers are all eating this slop up and defending it to the death with the expectation of a few. Proving once again that this is all just a big grift. These people know that there is a lot of money to be had from grifting on the Right's angry towards today's culture so they play them like a fiddle and tell them what they want to hear while at the same time praising goyslop like this. These people are dopamine merchants. They just tell you want you want to hear and take your money. They are no different from the common snake oil salesman from the 1800's. As P.T Barnum once said; "There is a sucker born very minute."
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 25th, 2024, 09:03, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

krokodil wrote: April 25th, 2024, 08:37
Mauler reviewing "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens

"It was the best of times..."
Well that is a bit presumptuous. By who's metric? Do we have any objective PROOF it was the best of times?
"...it was the worst of times."
And right after this the author contradicts himself! How do you expect me to take this seriously when you don't even know if it was the best or the worst?
That would be the most fulfilling and most accurate takedown of Charles Dickens I've ever seen. Overrated hack
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

man, they didn't even get real funko-pops, just some knockoff brand
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 25th, 2024, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

In awe of the least amount of effort they put into the merchandise
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/5DFD ... D7DE5B8A7F

>BEVERAGES & DRINKWARE
Not even a fucking nuka cola bottle. Just tumblers with the logo slapped on it. Amazed.
Can't tell if it's because it's made by people who don't know shit about Fallout, or they just don't care. Probably both, I guess.

[edit]
oh no no no no no

the ghoul McFarlane figurine is the only one sold out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 25th, 2024, 12:06, edited 3 times in total.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 25th, 2024, 11:52
Can't tell if it's because it's made by people who don't know shit about Fallout, or they just don't care. Probably both, I guess.
It is made by people who know jack shit about Fallout. Case in point I saw this on Creetosis's comment section: "Fun Fact: Showrunner Graham Wagner admitted in an interview that they wanted to nuke Shady Sands because they wanted the apocalyptic setting to play with.

‘Wagner says that a big reason they decided to wipe out the NCR's capital was to bring the West Coast back to an apocalyptic state.

"A lot of [Westerns] end with the railroad coming through, or a house being built, or they put up a church in the town, or a motorcar appears. And you're like, 'Well, the wild wild west is over.' I think it would have been a mistake to go from the retro-futuristic America to another America that has been fully civilized and the NCR is doing everything great," Wagner explained.’"

These people are colossally retarded. A former Hollywood showrunner named Paul Chato talked about how the showrunners for the Fallout show didn't want to make a Fallout show. They wanted to make a show that takes place in a dystopia that promotes progressive values and anticapitalism but Hollywood and Amazon knew that nobody was going to watch such a show. So they decided to find something that has a built in fanbase and promote their propaganda from there. They knew that most people would say; "Oh wow! A Fallout show! I played a few Fallout games. I'll check it out." While being none the wiser to the propaganda. Showrunners and executives in Hollywood know that this is the only way for them to get their propaganda across to the masses and it works! It is so insidious and evil that I can not wrap my brain around it. This is something you would see the USSR do.

Also, I love the "NCR is doing everything great". Clearly this is from someone who never played New Vegas.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 25th, 2024, 23:10, edited 6 times in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

In awe of the least amount of effort they put into the merchandise
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/5DFD ... D7DE5B8A7F

>BEVERAGES & DRINKWARE
Not even a fucking nuka cola bottle. Just tumblers with the logo slapped on it. Amazed.

[edit]
oh no no no no no

He's the only memorable character of the show (havent watched anything except teaser and memes), unless you're into ugly bugeyed latinxas. About the nigger, I refer to my earlier post on this thread about how all these nigras look the same since Force Awakens.

They should sell a figurine of the smiling bunker jew which is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of this retarded show.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

His vault experiment involves being sealed in a jar.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

I'm not even sure why I care about any of this. I never watch these TV shows. I remember when everyone was hyping game of thrones and one of the first scenes was siblings having sex and hurting a child so I never watched another. Apparently this show does the same shit. Do I have to watch Hays code media to avoid degeneracy? Do people know how to make a non degenerate show or movie anymore?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Nooneatall wrote: April 25th, 2024, 23:25
I'm not even sure why I care about any of this. I never watch these TV shows. I remember when everyone was hyping game of thrones and one of the first scenes was siblings having sex and hurting a child so I never watched another. Apparently this show does the same shit. Do I have to watch Hays code media to avoid degeneracy? Do people know how to make a non degenerate show or movie anymore?
Have you considered just watching shows meant for children?

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 25th, 2024, 23:27

Somehow this still manages to make me feel anger and outrage unlike most things which only make me feel a cold apathetic nihilism anymore.
nyxnyx

Post by nyxnyx »

You see that, son? That's why they're not around anymore - don't be a fag.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

No. Murders, distrust, wars, mass invasion, mental illness, suicides, and economic ruin rise but the masses need more capeshit and psychological abuse, instead of theater that inspires them. That's our punishment for noticing.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

What the fuck
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

I feel this. Things are so bad I haven't even cared to look at new shows/movies for years. Every once in a while I just ask my brother for a short list of good things he's seen, so he's basically a screener for me. Most things are degenerate in some way or another nowadays. That's a consequence of it being so normalized.