We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout 4 tv show from Amazon

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Somebody's going to kick her in the belly.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

From what I've been hearing Josh Sawyer has also been throwing passive aggressive shade at Todd and Emil on Twitter over the retconing of Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas. Guess Bethtards can't use the "But the OG devs of Fallout liked the show" excuse anymore.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 27th, 2024, 17:21, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

All I've learned from this is Big Schnozz seems like a cool guy.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

not only does he survive a nuke by hiding in a fridge, the fridge he was in had a hole in the back of it
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

RangerBoo wrote: April 27th, 2024, 17:20
From what I've been hearing Josh Sawyer has also been throwing passive aggressive shade at Todd and Emil on Twitter over the retconing of Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas. Guess Bethtards can't use the "But the OG devs of Fallout liked the show" excuse anymore.
>Aveloon and Soy-yer are the "OG devs"
you new vegas troons are fucking delusional
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

krokodil wrote: April 27th, 2024, 20:21
>Aveloon and Soy-yer are the "OG devs"
Aveloon did work on Fallout 2 — To the best of my knowledge, he did most of the narrative design for it — and is therefore an "OG dev" if you consider it to be "classic Fallout games"
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

nice goalpost moving. "original" doesn't mean the sequel
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 27th, 2024, 19:35
not only does he survive a nuke by hiding in a fridge, the fridge he was in had a hole in the back of it
Not only does he survive a nuke by hiding in a fridge, and not only does the fridge he was in have a hole in the back of it, but he's black.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Emil really can not let that Kid in a Fridge quest go can he? He just can not take the L with it. Instead he doubles down and is like; "No guys! This is totally believable in the Fallout world. I saw this in Crystal Skull and it work there so I decided that it would work in Fallout because it is so funny and whacky." He really is a 13 year old autistic teenager in a grown mans body.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

RangerBoo wrote: April 26th, 2024, 08:36
Irenaeus wrote: April 26th, 2024, 00:51
Nooneatall wrote: April 25th, 2024, 23:25
I'm not even sure why I care about any of this. I never watch these TV shows. I remember when everyone was hyping game of thrones and one of the first scenes was siblings having sex and hurting a child so I never watched another.
LOOL Finally I find someone that had the same reaction to Game of Gooners as myself. I thought I had been the only one to nope out of that shit in the first episode. :salute:
Remember, the most celebrated author of our generation is a lazy fat fuck who went into descriptive detail about a girl having explosive diarrhea. Not joking.

Truly a man on par with Tolkien and Robert E. Howard. I hate our culture so much that it is unreal.
Vulgarity culture. This is peak literature because it's ugly and brings down the human soul to it's most base and gross minutiae. It's the direct opposite some might even say a satanic inversion of true art which uplifts humanity from it's worst aspects.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

My personal favorite cope from shills and Bethtards is them saying; "Guys! Bethesda didn't retcon the lore. In 2277 is when the NCR began its fall just like the Roman Empire. The bombs dropped a year after New Vegas takes place. Therefore this show didn't break canon."
I'll like to point out that in 2277 is when the NCR was at its height. They successfully occupied Hoover Dam, repelled the Legion and began to expand eastward. This is the opposite of a country going through a "fall". It was only years later in 2281 when the NCR began to show signs of a decline with them being stretch too thin to successfully occupy their new territory and having massive amounts of governmental corruption. This is a obvious retcon and insults me as someone who is a big ancient Rome history nerd and knows that this is not how empires fall. When empires begin to fall they gradually begin to lose territory. Not occupy and gain new territory like the NCR did in 2277.

Another cope I find funny from Bethtard is the; "Vault-Tec was always meant to start the war. The movie that Black Isle wanted to make was going to confirm that!"
Oh you mean the movie that was so bad that they scrapped it? Also, Bethesda contradicts and retcons their own lore. In Fallout 4 you can meet a Ghoul named Zao. He was a Chinese submarine captain, and he admits that it was China who dropped the bombs on America.

God these retards just make it too easy.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 28th, 2024, 10:55, edited 3 times in total.
StudiedAsleep

Post by StudiedAsleep »

Plus how did he not die from radiation. it makes no sense. I think in Indiana Jones it was an atomic bomb not a nuke so they could kind of get away with it.
Last edited by StudiedAsleep on April 28th, 2024, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

RangerBoo wrote: April 28th, 2024, 05:50
My personal favorite cope from shills and Bethtards is them saying; "Guys! Bethesda didn't retcon the lore. In 2277 is when the NCR began its fall just like the Roman Empire. The bombs dropped a year after New Vegas takes place. Therefore this show didn't break canon."
I'll like to point out that in 2277 is when the NCR was at its height. They successfully occupied Hoover Dam, repelled the Legion and began to expand eastward. This is the opposite of a country going through a "fall". It was only years later in 2281 when the NCR began to show signs of a decline with them being stretch too thin to successfully occupy their new territory and having massive amounts of governmental corruption. This is a obvious retcon and insults me as someone who is a big ancient Rome history nerd and knows that this is not how empires fall. When empires begin to fall they gradually begin to lose territory. Not occupy and gain new territory like the NCR did in 2277.

Another cope I find funny from Bethtard is the; "Vault-Tec was always meant to start the war. The movie that Black Isle wanted to make was going to confirm that!"
Oh you mean the movie that was so bad that they scrapped it? Also, Bethesda contradicts and retcons their own lore. In Fallout 4 you can meet a Ghoul named Zao. He was a Chinese submarine captain, and he admits that it was China who dropped the bombs on America.

God these retards just make it too easy.
Ahh yes, the people who say they enjoy the show and moved on are "coping." Not the people who write 4 paragraphs every 2 hours about the show on an internet basket weaving forum weeks after it aired.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

krokodil wrote: April 28th, 2024, 20:58
Ahh yes, the people who say they enjoy the show and moved on are "coping." Not the people who write 4 paragraphs every 2 hours about the show on an internet basket weaving forum weeks after it aired.
We need "Bethtard" badge for this guy.
Rand

Post by Rand »

StudiedAsleep wrote: April 28th, 2024, 12:43
I think in Indiana Jones it was an atomic bomb not a nuke so they could kind of get away with it.
What do you think the difference is between those two things?
StudiedAsleep

Post by StudiedAsleep »

Rand wrote: April 28th, 2024, 21:28
I think in Indiana Jones it was an atomic bomb not a nuke so they could kind of get away with it.
Idk thought atomic bombs don't emit radiation? I'm assuming I'm wrong judging from your response tho..
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 28th, 2024, 21:04
We need "Bethtard" badge for this guy.
You have to go back.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

I hate that cuck Josh Sawyer so I am kinda glad FNV got nuked out of existence just because of that. Knowing he's seething gives me joy.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

"So I think it’s a good show for fans and a good show if you’re new to it, even though there’s a lot of stuff going on. I’m certainly interested to see where they’re going in the second season" -Josh Sawyer

When will you chuds realize you are on the wrong side of history?
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

krokodil wrote: April 28th, 2024, 23:17
"So I think it’s a good show for fans and a good show if you’re new to it, even though there’s a lot of stuff going on. I’m certainly interested to see where they’re going in the second season" -Josh Sawyer

When will you chuds realize you are on the wrong side of history?
I didn't watch the show but I'm pretty sure it has interacial romance and a female lead, how doesn't this make it bad?
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Why are you a cock sucking faggot? Go back to the Beth forums fag.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 28th, 2024, 23:55, edited 2 times in total.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

RangerBoo wrote: April 28th, 2024, 23:49

>Demonic 'foid avatar
>Location: West Coast
nice projection.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

krokodil wrote: April 29th, 2024, 00:21
RangerBoo wrote: April 28th, 2024, 23:49

>Demonic 'foid avatar
>Location: West Coast
nice projection.
Guy who defends Emil's writing unironically. Anybody that believes Emil is a decent writer should be beheaded by ISIS.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 29th, 2024, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Maybe Emil can finally add magic into Fallout like he wanted to do in Fallout 4. By the way I am not joking about that.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

So, the lore problem is going to be talked about to death, but considering Bugthesda own the franchise, they've pretty much free reign over that. Asking them to stick to their guns based on previous iterations is unrealistic. For the most part, Bugthesda have never been in the business of innovative storytelling. They more or less borrow from what works (insert Todd Howard meme here) without any clear understanding as to why it works.

As far as I am concerned, the main issue is really unfurled during the final episode when Emil's "twist" ending is revealed. The "twist" is absolutely meaningless. The Fallout franchise has never been about the bomb, it was always about the world after the bomb. However, the entire show is about the bomb for no real reason.

What does it mean that Vault Tec destroyed the world? What am I or anyone else meant to walk away with after having discovered it was Vault Tec the whole time?
Originally, it was introspective, the world being blown up remarked on the tragedy of the human condition. But the game wasn't concerned with why the bombs fell, but about the world that came about afterwards.
The games were all about the will to survive and change the world (for better or for worse).
Knowing Vault Tec is the culprit completely destroys the tragic vision of humanity and replaces it with "stuff happened and we called it 'Fallout'."
Completely meaningless.

They straight-up have Vault-Tec saying they want to "make America great" and enact a "capitalist" endeavor.
Show writers really were not holding back with this one. It's 2024, an election year, and the powers that be have seemingly mandated that you can't enjoy your media slop without someone telling you Trump is a bad, bad man and capitalists want to destroy the world. Now, continue consooming product, goy!
Oh, really? Are greedy capitalists bad?
Is it because your TV show about the end of the world proved it because you wrote it that way?
Wow, so stirring!
No, no capitalist would ever blow up the world for profit because that's just stupid.
So, again, stuff happened and it had "Fallout" attached to it. Also, Orange Man bad. The end. Enjoy your slop!
Last edited by Cheeseknife on April 29th, 2024, 06:05, edited 6 times in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

StudiedAsleep wrote: April 28th, 2024, 21:54
Idk thought atomic bombs don't emit radiation? I'm assuming I'm wrong judging from your response tho..
Why does people who ask stupid questions like this almost always have anime avatars?
Rand

Post by Rand »

StudiedAsleep wrote: April 28th, 2024, 21:54
Oh, okay. I thought you were saying something else.

What people call an "atomic bomb" is any device that uses a reaction in an atomic nucleus to rapidly create tremendous heat energy in a small area. We also call devices that do this nuclear explosives or "nukes"
That event, no matter the source, is what we call an explosion. To be precise, a thermally instantiated explosion. You can get explosions other ways, but using a rapid generation of heat energy is the most common method by far.

Up until the 1940s, the only way to make a thermally instantiated explosion was with chemical energy. Energy released from rapidly breaking (or transforming) molecules. (If you do it slowly, you just get heat or fire, depending on circumstances.)

But you can do the same thing by altering an atomic nucleus (this is basically one level deeper as molecules are made of atoms). There are two main ways to do this.

The easier way is nuclear fission, by causing an atomic nucleus to break into two or more parts. This releases random excess energy, mainly high energy ionizing photons (light) and other frequencies, much of which gets instantly transformed into heat, causing an explosion. It also spreads some of the fractured nuclear material around and the high energy ionizing photons can make a bit more fractured nuclear material from damaging nearby matter. This material is unstable and is what we call radioactive, since as it naturally decays further it emits a range of energy, including high energy ionizing photons which are bad for living organisms to absorb.

You can also use nuclear fusion, where two atoms are made to combine into one, which also releases energy (because It takes a bit more energy to have two separate atoms than all the parts put together, and you get this extra energy back if you combine them), again mostly high energy ionizing photons. You won't generally get any radioactive material from the fused material, but the high energy ionizing photons can break other nearby atoms, so you will get some radioactive material generated near the event.

There are also so-called "neutron bombs" which are either kind of nuclear explosive, but they are optimized in design and use to create a much smaller explosion, and much more high energy ionizing photons, mainly killing nearby living things with the hazardous photon radiation instead of with heat and a shockwave.

TL;DR: all nuclear explosions release a range of radiation, especially the dangerous high energy ionizing photons and radioactive matter the general public calls "radiation".
Last edited by Rand on April 29th, 2024, 14:54, edited 3 times in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Rand wrote: April 29th, 2024, 14:46
TL;DR: all nuclear explosions release a range of radiation, especially the dangerous high energy ionizing photons and radioactive matter the general public calls "radiation".
Also, IIRC, depending on the nuke, it can "burn" more or less clean - as in, more material can be used up in the explosion, thus less material remaining to irradiate the area around the bomb's detonation.
Last edited by gerey on April 29th, 2024, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.