We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Mask's Thread

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
BobT

Post by BobT »

Feminism. And housing.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Norfleet wrote: March 14th, 2024, 03:34
OnTilt wrote: March 14th, 2024, 03:25
There's all these brown shit hole countries that don't have these problems. They're still having babies despite there being no jobs, and sometimes not even food. People aren't avoiding having families because they're unhappy about the job market.
Those people still exist in environments where their manual labor is used locally, is the thing.
Frankly that's retarded. What's worse is that you're boiling the purpose of a man's existence down to an economic function.
That's exactly what it is when you engage with the rest of society, yes. Your value to society is your economic function. If you don't like it, move to Outer Bumfuck and embrace autarky. If your supply and demand is entirely contained within yourself, you won't have this problem. If you suddenly depend in your exchange with society to live, then yes, you are your economic value.
Eh, there's a sense in which that's true to a limited extent. But, 1) people don't act with perfect rationality in either supply or demand. And 2) an insistence on pushing all behavior as a market norm will pretty quickly have you pushing against social norms. It's also relatively easy to make economic function less important within smaller communities where people interact with each other. The neighbors regularly bringing over meals and whatnot on a regular basis to the old lady who lives next door aren't valuing her by her economic value. And within homogeneous communities that extends even further.

Also, there are plenty of places with a welfare net that completely unends the logical economic value someone should have. Should the single negress mom with 6 kids from different fathers and no job have any econmic value? Well, no, and yet with the way the system is set up she's incentivized not to do anything to change her life.

Are you a fan of John Stuart Mill, by the way? Your argument reminds me of reading him years ago.
Last edited by Acrux on March 14th, 2024, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Acrux wrote: March 14th, 2024, 03:56
It's also relatively easy to make economic function less important within smaller communities where people interact with each other. The neighbors regularly bringing over meals and whatnot on a regular basis to the old lady who lives next door aren't valuing her by her economic value.
But that's exactly what they're doing: Those people believe the old lady next door has value to them and are therefore opting to support her continuing existence freely out of their own pockets.
Acrux wrote: March 14th, 2024, 03:56
Also, there are plenty of places with a welfare net that completely unends the logical economic value someone should have. Should the single negress mom with 6 kids from different fathers and no jog have any econmic value? Well, no, and yet with the way the system is set up she's incentivized not to do anything to change her life.
This is exactly what happens when you have a hamfisted and impersonal government policy applying an economic distortion to the system, yes. Suddenly, money nobody actually wanted to spend is being funnelled towards something people wouldn't have actually wanted.

Everything you have said exactly supports my argument here.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Norfleet wrote: March 14th, 2024, 04:08
But that's exactly what they're doing: Those people believe the old lady next door has value to them and are therefore opting to support her continuing existence freely out of their own pockets.
How does that align with this below? The old woman has a social value, but not an economic value.
Norfleet wrote: March 14th, 2024, 03:56
If you suddenly depend in your exchange with society to live, then yes, you are your economic value.
I suppose what you are saying is that her economic value is such that it is worth it to the neighbors for her value to be economically negative because she gives a social good. But in that case, the definition of economic value is so broad as to be meaningless.
Last edited by Acrux on March 14th, 2024, 04:37, edited 1 time in total.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Acrux wrote: March 14th, 2024, 04:34
How does that align with this below? The old woman has a social value, but not an economic value.
Value is value. Why do people spend money on vidya? What makes anything have value? Because people want it. The economic value is simply the value people freely assign to the thing and pay for of their own volition. No one is functionally putting a gun to the heads of the villagers and forcing them to pay here.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 675a7ba208

Image Image

*Points to downward trend in black applicants*
"This must be discrimination."

*Points to the exact same downtrend in white applicants*
"White applications showed more fluctuation."

The President of the United States of America needs to RICO these lying chucklefucks. All these "publications" are just a front for the fucking pharmaceutical enslaving cocksuckers. :mad:
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Norfleet wrote: March 14th, 2024, 07:03
Acrux wrote: March 14th, 2024, 04:34
Value is value. Why do people spend money on vidya? What makes anything have value? Because people want it. The economic value is simply the value people freely assign to the thing and pay for of their own volition. No one is functionally putting a gun to the heads of the villagers and forcing them to pay here.
Is the economy in the room with us now?
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

@Norfleet
When people stop breeding, this is simply the market response to the inadequate demand for people.
I do not think people get married or have children based on their perceived need of there being more people. That is not how humans work. People are having less children directly as a result of feminism and other ideological pressures.

-Women chasing careers means less focus on family and children.
-Abortion and contraception removing children.
-No fault divorce destroying the family.
-Sexual liberation creating a culture of hoes which destroys family formation.

There's more, but I think that makes the point. Any country that has these things is below replacement birth rates.

I also do not think people find happiness in having a high market value for their labor. There is a bit of nuance here, as having meaningful work does impact fulfillment, and meaningful work at least correlates with valuable work. However you cannot equate the two. Amazon can pay six figures for working in their wage cage and I'd still want to blow my brains out at the end of the day.

The shared existential dread that permeates the western world isn't a result of bad market conditions. It's a result of a lack of transcendent purpose. I.e. God, family, meaningful work, etc. People lack purpose. Unless you think mans purpose is to increase GDP, the question becomes a metaphysical one.

"The economy" is just an abstraction, like math. It can be a very useful abstraction, but to boil down human existence to a function of an abstraction is about the most Jewish thing I've read on here so far.

People are not having kids because of feminism/ideology. People not having families, which is a huge piece of the puzzle for providing purpose, in turn drives the social nihilism and malaise.
Last edited by OnTilt on March 14th, 2024, 08:09, edited 2 times in total.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

OnTilt wrote: March 14th, 2024, 07:49
I do not think people get married or have children based on their perceived need of there being more people. That is not how humans work. People are having less children directly as a result of feminism and other ideological pressures.
They might not be thinking in those terms consciously, but the realities still dictate the terms: The cost of being a supplier is exceeding what they are getting paid for doing it, so they simply can't afford it.

And this isn't exactly a new thing: Urban areas have always been demographic sinks because moving to a city makes you too dependent on society, which means you're now paying through the nose for things that you could have previously gotten for free: Cost of living rising sharply, people can no longer afford to produce more people. As society is increasingly urbanized, more and more people fall into this trap and thus stop supplying more people.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Norfleet wrote: March 14th, 2024, 03:34
There's all these brown shit hole countries that don't have these problems. They're still having babies despite there being no jobs, and sometimes not even food. People aren't avoiding having families because they're unhappy about the job market.
Those people still exist in environments where their manual labor is used locally, is the thing.
Frankly that's retarded. What's worse is that you're boiling the purpose of a man's existence down to an economic function.
That's exactly what it is when you engage with the rest of society, yes. Your value to society is your economic function. If you don't like it, move to Outer Bumfuck and embrace autarky. If your supply and demand is entirely contained within yourself, you won't have this problem. If you suddenly depend in your exchange with society to live, then yes, you are your economic value.
Libertarians aren't human.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kahanism
Kahanism (Hebrew: כהניזם) is a religious Zionist ideology based on the views of Rabbi Meir Kahane, founder of the Jewish Defense League and the Kach party in Israel.

Kahane held the view that most Arabs living in Israel are enemies of Jews and Israel itself, and believed that a Jewish theocratic state, where non-Jews have no voting rights, should be created.[1]

The Kach party has been banned by the Israeli government. In 2004, the U.S. State Department designated it a Foreign Terrorist Organization.[2][3] In 2022, it was removed from the U.S. terror blacklist due to "insufficient evidence" of the group's ongoing activity, but it remains a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) entity.[4]

The Otzma Yehudit party, which has been called Kahanist and anti-Arab,[5][6] won six seats in the 2022 election and is a member of the current Israeli government. The party, and the Kahanist movement as a whole, have been described as espousing Jewish fascism.[7][8]

Ideology
Kahanism is a religious Zionist[21] ideology that denotes the controversial positions espoused by Rabbi Meir Kahane. Kahane proposed that the State of Israel should enforce Jewish law, as codified by Maimonides,[22] under which non-Jews who wish to dwell in Israel would have three options: remain as "resident strangers" with all rights but national ones, which would require non-Jews to accept resident-stranger status with all rights but political ones. Those unwilling to accept such a status will be required to leave the country with full compensation and those who refuse to do even that will be forcibly removed.[23]

Kahanism's central claim is that the vast majority of the Arabs of Israel are and will continue to be enemies of Jews and Israel itself, and that a Jewish theocratic state, governed by Halakha, absent of a voting non-Jewish population that includes Israel, Palestine, areas of modern-day Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq, should be created.[24]

According to Kahane, the term "Kahanism" is primarily used by people ignorant of Torah Judaism in order to discredit his ideology,[citation needed] which he asserts is rooted in Halakha[citation needed] and the same as Torah Judaism.[25][verification needed][better source needed] "Meir Kahane did not hate the Arabs – he just loved the Jews", said his widow Libby in a 2010 interview.[26]
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

Well she should. Although actresses are basically prostitutes already, so this really isn't the most egregious thing.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

this was funny (it is pertinent to mask's interests for anyone wondering)

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Destiny is a good example of someone with a great deal of intelligence, and a big heart, but with little wisdom. I hope that he will have a change of heart at one point or another.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

big disagree on both the intelligence and the heart.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

The_Mask wrote: March 27th, 2024, 04:01
Destiny is a good example of someone with a great deal of intelligence, and a big heart, but with little wisdom. I hope that he will have a change of heart at one point or another.
Nigger he is literally a cuck
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

GhostCow wrote: March 27th, 2024, 04:26
The_Mask wrote: March 27th, 2024, 04:01
Nigger he is literally a cuck
It's Mel time!

Last edited by Oyster Sauce on March 27th, 2024, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there." Psalm 138:7-8

Underground Orthodox Church: Targu-Ocna salt mine in Romania, several hundred meters below ground.