Steam Releases Thread & Discussion

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Steam Releases Thread & Discussion

Post by gerey »

With the Steam Next Fest upon us I thought it was as good a time as any to bring back a thread discussing Steam releases.

Below I've included a few games that caught my interest:

gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Recommendation by Alienman. Looks pretty interesting.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

So far, these two have been the most played demos for me during the Steam Festival.

I'm liking Ludus Mortis even more than I thought I would.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Blade of Darkness is currently on sale after receiving a massive update (which, in addition to the various bugfixes, also introduces upscaled textures, graphical bells & whistles like HDR and SSAO), improved controller support, and a new freelook camera when outside of combat.

Rare example when a publisher acquires rights for an old game, and then does a decent job with a re-release. They didn't market it as some sort-of groundbreaking super-duper remaster and instead just named it "Blade of Darkness". They gave it a very modest price. Actually fixed some of the bugs and didn't introduce any new ones. Did a good job supporting the game and continuing patching. Even went as far as adding controller support, despite the original game being built for a keyboard.

It's also available on GOG.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

wndrbr wrote: March 15th, 2023, 11:04

Blade of Darkness is currently on sale after receiving a massive update (which, in addition to the various bugfixes, also introduces upscaled textures, graphical bells & whistles like HDR and SSAO), improved controller support, and a new freelook camera when outside of combat.

Rare example when a publisher acquires rights for an old game, and then does a decent job with a re-release. They didn't market it as some sort-of groundbreaking super-duper remaster and instead just named it "Blade of Darkness". They gave it a very modest price. Actually fixed some of the bugs and didn't introduce any new ones. Did a good job supporting the game and continuing patching. Even went as far as adding controller support, despite the original game being built for a keyboard.

gross, another faux-retro souls-like
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2023, 11:05
wndrbr wrote: March 15th, 2023, 11:04

gross, another faux-retro souls-like
How when it was released a full decade before Dark Souls and eight years before Demon Souls in 2001? Shouldn't it be Dark and Demon Souls are Blade of Darkness-like?
Rigwort

Post by Rigwort »

Yeah, and on top of that in Blade of Darkness you can play as a dwarf. A dwarf! Easily better than any other blade-like. Or should it be darkness-like?
Also dismemberment. That's always a plus.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

List of all games that have playtests on Steam you can request access for:
https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app_keyn ... keyvalue=1
Playtests with instant access:
https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app_keyn ... keyvalue=1
Playtests with waitlists:
https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app_keyn ... keyvalue=0

I believe all three have separate games(?)
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Publisher Frontier is having a Steam sale, have surprisingly decent games for a publisher I never paid attention to prior.
https://store.steampowered.com/publishe ... ersale2023

Strongly recommend AGAINST the WH40k Daemonhunters game. It's a very boring nu-XCOM clone. If you're looking for a recent tactical RPG, I can suggest King Arthur: Knight's Tale instead. The latter isn't on sale, but it also doesn't have Denuvo :idea:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

This is the second time they've done this, why does Valve allow it?

The listing does NOT say "Digital+ Edition", it says "Marvel's Midnight Suns".
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Reported it for illegal content citing the appropriate law, this is illegal in my jurisdiction.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Apparently, not learning the last two times, Paul Cusiett is attempting to make another Flashback:

Looks like a second-rate Unity project with a bizarre merger of 2 and 3d gameplay and some very uninspired looking action and voicing. Why do all of these developers continue to try to do this ugly 3d adaptation for a genre that doesn't fit? The cinematic platformer works best on 2d and Rain World proved it. It also never seems to occur to developers attempting to make sequels to ancient games that they should make something that actually looks like the original game, just slightly better. Blaster Master Zero is a great example of the right way to bring an old game up to date.

I have exactly zero hopes of this being any good which is a shame given how influential the original was and what they were capable of cramming onto a 16-bit cartridge.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

who else buying PAWS OF COAL?

actually looks good
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The page bugged out, but it was actually right.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

I found out steam has a friend code feature therefore I shall share my code with my friends
aweigh

Post by aweigh »

Yakuza: Like A Dragon is currently on sale

GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

My friend code if anyone wants to add me. I've been pirating less lately so you might actually catch me playing something.
Dead

Post by Dead »

Shadows of Forbidden Gods Version 1.0