We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Various video game stuff not deserving its own thread

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

This is kind of interesting. Japan has laws that require developers to refund purchased in-game currency should they pull the plug on a game.

Manny V

Post by Manny V »

gerey wrote: May 7th, 2024, 20:11
Not specifically game related, but GW is having another good one.

“And, yes, he would have been a fine knight and earned his spurs in less than a year. His knight’s oath sworn on the midsummer’s morn. He would meet a boy with a smile that lit up the world, their love so great that all Bretonnia’s poets would weep as they penned exquisite odes in its celebration.”
#NotMyBretonnia
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Manny V wrote: May 8th, 2024, 02:33
gerey wrote: May 7th, 2024, 20:11
Not specifically game related, but GW is having another good one.

“And, yes, he would have been a fine knight and earned his spurs in less than a year. His knight’s oath sworn on the midsummer’s morn. He would meet a boy with a smile that lit up the world, their love so great that all Bretonnia’s poets would weep as they penned exquisite odes in its celebration.”
#NotMyBretonnia
I deeply despise how every pedophile I see spouting shit online always says the same thing: 1) describe how the child is smiling and happy, often exagerating and calling them, or referring to them, in morbid detail and "angelic" 2) invert the child's happiness and mannerisms to mean the child wants you 3) never mention sex and always call it "love" even though it is just lust from your end 4) keep repeating how it is all happy and the child loves you . If I can see the pattern and I am no one trained in this sort of thing, it just makes me even madder if no one is doing anything to investigate these people or keep an eye on them. I hope it is all just fantasy in their heads, but those that do this sort of public coping are trying to pave the way to bring it in real life :mad:
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on May 8th, 2024, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I didn't like the butch gorillaesque negress companion in Fallout 3 but I need a tank follower for my current TTW character so instead of actually playing the game I'm making this silly shit

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: May 12th, 2024, 02:14
I didn't like the butch gorillaesque negress companion in Fallout 3 but I need a tank follower for my current TTW character so instead of actually playing the game I'm making this silly shit

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Neither the head or voice are what I want to ultimately use this was more just to see if it was feasible to do in the first place before I start caring.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

They did not have flat tops in Ancient Rome!
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

This is insanely cool, and the Majora's Mask release works great on Linux too. Imagine this working for other platforms, particularly the sixth gen ones. Many games could be preserved and enhanced for years to come without any fuss.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

This is incredible. I can't wait to see what comes out of this in the future.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 12:28
It's rather amazing how little 'filler content' longer games used to have, especially given how quickly they were developed. How much 'filler content' can you think of when you think of BG2?
Being developed quickly might be the reason for less filler. e.g. ToB basically speedran the remainder of the bhaalspawn story because they didn't have enough time to do more. Arguably the stronghold quests and romances in SoA could be considered filler though.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

This game popped into my mind, anyone know of it? Brave Dwarves 2 . Was my introduction to this kind of fantasy style of art (the night forest background. Not cartooney, but not quite realistic, or at times just an obvious collage of things).
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Last edited by aweigh on May 13th, 2024, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

from the new tomb raider mobile game
Last edited by aweigh on May 14th, 2024, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
Kowe

Post by Kowe »

DagothGeas5 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 22:54
This game popped into my mind, anyone know of it? Brave Dwarves 2 . Was my introduction to this kind of fantasy style of art (the night forest background. Not cartooney, but not quite realistic, or at times just an obvious collage of things).
If you haven't played it but want to give it a try, it is available here: My Abandonware - Brave Dwarves 2. It has two English versions available for download.
Can't comment on its content or game-play as I haven't spent any time on this game.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Irenaeus wrote: May 14th, 2024, 13:30
Who is the digital tranny bottom right?
Character from the game, not sure who specifically.

S'jet maybe? @herkzter, do you know perhaps?

Game is now 51% on Steam.
Last edited by gerey on May 14th, 2024, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
nyxnyx

Post by nyxnyx »

I love it when devs waste precious resources and money implementing Denuvo on games that aren't even worth pirating - not to mention how it fucks up its already piss poor performance even further.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Kowe wrote: May 14th, 2024, 12:22
DagothGeas5 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 22:54
If you haven't played it but want to give it a try, it is available here: My Abandonware - Brave Dwarves 2. It has two English versions available for download.
Can't comment on its content or game-play as I haven't spent any time on this game.
I think I have the CD somewhere, but thank you for letting me know! My Ice Wind Dale II disk, for example, now gives me a dx something error when I try to install it (it has two disks, only one is faulty, but it is enough to stop the whole install process), so it will be nice to have a ready-to-go copy.
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on May 14th, 2024, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

can someone use this as inspiration for an "I AM EXCLUSIVE... I AM AN EXCLUSIVE... I AM AN EXCLUSIVE... I AM AN EXCLUSIVE" meme. i don't know how to photoshop

Last edited by aweigh on May 14th, 2024, 16:51, edited 2 times in total.