VR thread

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Fargus

VR thread

Post by Fargus »

Hi, niggers. If you know any cool VR games post them here. And your thoughts.

Two upcoming vr games i'm interested in.

First TWD S&S was very brutal and immersive and i had a great time. People hate the respawning zombies but i think it keeps your on your toes. Game would've been a cakewalk without it. But the weapons falling apart too fast and there is no maintenance for firearms they can just break when it's least convenient.

HL2 VR was a blast to play considering this is a free mod for HL2. Really shows how VR game should be made. Much better than Alyx.
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

Dead thread, but still.

Played Resident Evil 4 Kikeberg's quest 2 VR port. Jewberg censored it by removing some flirtatious and "offensive" (to some catlady troon probably) dialogue lines to adapt it for "modern audience", but i haven't paid a dime for it and i doubt its more neutered than remake anyway. This is however a very solid and well made flatscreen to vr port. You interract with puzzles and all sorts of switches using controllers and shooting is fucking fun. Everything works just perfectly. Also for some reason Shlomoberg left the titty physics and Ashley covering herself animation when you stand below and look under her skirt.

Overall probably one of the most fun VR games i've played so far, but the difficulty is pretty much trivial in second half of the game because of VR aiming. Especially in Island Area when all your guns are upgraded to weapons of annihilation. At some point i even dual wielded shotgun and handgun lol. Should only be played in professional mode. One thing that balances it out a bit is that unlike in 3rd person view its much easier to get jumped from behind or take a crossbow bolt or cheap shot from the side.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Tbh I assumed VR was completely dead. Outside of facebook pumping money into devs to make games, there's no way you could make a return on a VR-only game.
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

I wouldn't say it's dead, quest 3 will come out this year and sony released their second shitty PSVR headset with exclusive games (Horizon lol), Valve are making deckard headset that allows going wireless. They all seem to be still interested at least. Its just going very slowly. And there are way too much shovelware.

But i'm not really into business side of it, i just enjoy playing games in VR because it's fun and immersive. And especially the ports of old games to vr.
Rigwort

Post by Rigwort »

To me it seems like VR is more akin to plane simulator enthusiasts. A neat extra thing that truly is fun to play with, but not actually to be considered a separate control system like keyboard and mouse vs. controller. Sad that the Wii already came about as I think marketing VR to a casual audience and old people with limited mobility/in retirement homes would allow them to make a bit more. Though they are a fair bit more expensive... What seems to be happening instead are popup VR "arcades" that seem to vanish as quickly as they came.