rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

What game are you playing?

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Had this recommended me to a while back and I'm going to start playing it soon

What games are you guys playing?
aweigh

Post by aweigh »

right now i'm playing Lost Judgment, Gears of War 4, hi-Fi Rush, Star Ocean 6, and just started a 2nd playthrough of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I just jump around between games depending on the mood, taking my time.

Also playing a bit of shovel knight, never played it before, and have on-going playthroughs of Ion Fury and Prodeus, though I haven't fired up either in weeks.
Cedric

Post by Cedric »

Lands of Lore 2, Higurashi, and I think I'll give Ambermoon another try. I think I never finished it and it's been long enough that I don't remember anything.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

These days, when I have time to play anything, I usually end up messing with AI. But I'm thinking of replaying Twitcher 3 with the new graphics. That or Baldur's Gate, since it's been a few years.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

I'm playing Eve right now, in case you hadn't heard.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Ranselknulf wrote: February 4th, 2023, 00:35
I'm playing Eve right now, in case you hadn't heard.
Isn't that a graphical spreadsheet? Asking for a friend.
SDG

Post by SDG »

Sup fam. I'm finishing up Demon's Souls remake and after that I'm not sure What I'll play. I've got a lot of options. Might pick my Cyberpunk 2077 playthrough back up.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Funny you should say. I actually got an email this morning asking me if I wanted to be part of the beta test crowd for their new Excel spreadsheet game tool. I'm not even shitting you lol.

Thanks for reminding me. I usually ignore those emails and forget about them. I'll write this down on my game notes pad now.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

SDG wrote: February 4th, 2023, 00:48
I'm finishing up Demon's Souls remake and after that I'm not sure What I'll play.
Dark Souls series next. Then Bloodbourne. Then Sekiro. Then Elden Ring.
Last edited by Nemesis on February 4th, 2023, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Playing TW:WH III because popamole strategy and loltactics is all the power my brain can muster atm.
SDG

Post by SDG »

Nemesis wrote: February 4th, 2023, 01:44
SDG wrote: February 4th, 2023, 00:48
I'm finishing up Demon's Souls remake and after that I'm not sure What I'll play.
Dark Souls series next. Then Bloodbourne. Then Sekiro. Then Elden Ring.
I actually did download a few just to see if they looked and ran better on ps5. Dark Souls Remaster is lovely 4K/60fps but unfortunately Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne are pretty much the same last gen games. I haven't tried Dark Souls 3 but supposedly it got the 4K/60fps treatment. Of course my two favorites got nothing.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Been playing Wrath of the Righteous for over a month. It will probably take another month or more to finish. So difficult now to recall a time when I wasn't playing it.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I'm playing Hi-Fi Rush, fun little spectacle fighter/character action/whatever you gonna call a DMC-like brawler where you juggle enemies for the sweet S-rank.

The game is a one huge throwback to the experimental arcadey action games from the sixth gen of console gaming - stuff like Jet Set Radio, or games developed by Clover Studio. It's really enjoyable, even if you're bad at character actions and rhythm games (the only game of this genre that i've beaten was british DMC reboot, the one with edgelord crackhead Donte).

Pretty unexpected to get something like this from Microsoft/Bethesda of all publishers.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Roguey wrote: February 5th, 2023, 01:53
Been playing Wrath of the Righteous for over a month. It will probably take another month or more to finish. So difficult now to recall a time when I wasn't playing it.
I will attempt a guess. You have Nenio in your party?
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Mostly conan exiles and Deep Rock Galactic, having fun with both.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Ratcatcher wrote: February 6th, 2023, 02:10
Roguey wrote: February 5th, 2023, 01:53
I will attempt a guess. You have Nenio in your party?
Of course. I get why so many people find her annoying, but I like her, she's a funny sperg.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Roguey wrote: February 6th, 2023, 02:36
Of course. I get why so many people find her annoying, but I like her, she's a funny sperg.
Ah, I knew it! She's actually my favoured character. I found most of her banter and interjections hilarious. Regill is well written too, but I'm rarely fond of edgelords.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Ratcatcher wrote: February 6th, 2023, 03:09
Roguey wrote: February 6th, 2023, 02:36
Ah, I knew it! She's actually my favoured character. I found most of her banter and interjections hilarious. Regill is well written too, but I'm rarely fond of edgelords.
Yeah, I like it when he calls out the stupidity of other characters, but I'm not fond of his callous methods.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Think I'm finally done messing with Stardew Valley. Where to go from here though.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Finished ETERNAL DAMNATION yesterday, a mod for Postal 2. Edgy to the extreme. I would not call it a good game, but it is unique and I enjoyed it, kind of a relic from another time.

Installed RUNE and planning to play that next.
Hando

Post by Hando »

Dropping in and out of JA2, BG2, and Deus Ex on my craptop. Have been thinking about getting a gaming PC so I can play some new games, but as you can imagine it's proving quite difficult to justify the purchase.
Shillitron

Post by Shillitron »

Hando wrote: February 7th, 2023, 14:54
Dropping in and out of JA2, BG2, and Deus Ex on my craptop. Have been thinking about getting a gaming PC so I can play some new games, but as you can imagine it's proving quite difficult to justify the purchase.
Do you mod BG2 at all?
Any recommendations?

I'm thinking of doing another playthrough (BG1 > SoD > BG2 > TOB) .
I learned that BG2 get's additional items if you do certain things in SoD.. assuming you can endure the slog.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Shillitron wrote: February 7th, 2023, 17:15
Do you mod BG2 at all?
Any recommendations?

I learned that BG2 get's additional items if you do certain things in SoD.. assuming you can endure the slog.
The mod that gives you haste speed when out of combat, I forgot how slow you move in IE games.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

MS Word is what I play most these day.
Shillitron

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 7th, 2023, 17:26
Shillitron wrote: February 7th, 2023, 17:15
Do you mod BG2 at all?
Any recommendations?

The mod that gives you haste speed when out of combat, I forgot how slow you move in IE games.
I usually have several haste spells memorized for this reason. :)
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

I just speed up the animations and use the teleport cheat for hugeass maps, to backtrack ofc. I also teleport around in town to hit stores but that has to be done sparingly and with a bit more caution else you break encounters.
Shillitron

Post by Shillitron »

I feel a "BG1 / BG2 Modding" thread brewing..
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

level 1 npcs is the only mod I ever really felt the need to use. I've never cared for any of the kits that the party members have by default. It's also a huge shame that they didn't give us a single sorcerer, yet we got a ton of mages.
Shillitron

Post by Shillitron »

GhostCow wrote: February 7th, 2023, 22:46
level 1 npcs is the only mod I ever really felt the need to use. I've never cared for any of the kits that the party members have by default. It's also a huge shame that they didn't give us a single sorcerer, yet we got a ton of mages.
What does "level 1 npcs" do and why did you feel it was needed?
Does it really set all "random commoners" to level 1? Why is that important?