Dominions Series

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Dead

Dominions Series

Post by Dead »

You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator.
Dead

Post by Dead »

Dominions 6 should have terraforming.
Trithne

Post by Trithne »

Dominions is a game series I want to love, but never seem to commit to playing every time I give it a go. There's a dearth of modern games that support PBeM style play still, we need more of them.
Dead wrote: February 20th, 2023, 13:52
Dominions 6 should have terraforming.
As in changing the terrain type of a province? I imagine that would fuck with resource/income/population numbers in the current model. Also I think it's sort of handled by the Hot/Cold, Life/Death axes, since those will shift to your Pretender's level and that has effects on province output (and in the case of Hot/Cold, crossing rivers)
Dead

Post by Dead »

Trithne wrote: February 26th, 2023, 01:53
As in changing the terrain type of a province? I imagine that would fuck with resource/income/population numbers in the current model. Also I think it's sort of handled by the Hot/Cold, Life/Death axes, since those will shift to your Pretender's level and that has effects on province output (and in the case of Hot/Cold, crossing rivers)
Something simple and not too overpowering, like creating mountains to surround one or two sides of a province without mountains, or creating rivers across a small area, would be a good start. If terrain changing abilities are too powerful, they would take too much attention away from players' overall strategy.