Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Ghost of Tsushima

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 29th, 2024, 00:02
Skipping cutscenes is mad gay
Every time you visit a hot spring, you get a shot of the main character's bare ass. You cannot skip this, and using a hot spring for the first time increases your character's health bar. The most you can do is just close your eyes for the duration.

Tags:
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Roguey wrote: May 29th, 2024, 00:26
Oyster Sauce wrote: May 29th, 2024, 00:02
Skipping cutscenes is mad gay
Every time you visit a hot spring, you get a shot of the main character's bare ass. You cannot skip this, and using a hot spring for the first time increases your character's health bar. The most you can do is just close your eyes for the duration.
It's literally the only bit of respite your guy gets. He's liberating his island against hordes of foreigners you can put up with him taking a quick dip every now and then.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

if a man's ass bothers you, you're probably a closeted homo
there's nothing sexual about a man's ass
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 29th, 2024, 04:08
I would not say the women who lost their minds at the infamous Miranda clothed ass shot in ME2 were secretly lesbos. A choice was made to board and animate that scene the way they did, something players will watch over and over again.
Vlajdimir Ermenović

Post by Vlajdimir Ermenović »

Correct. Asses are disgusting.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Roguey wrote: May 29th, 2024, 10:03
I would not say the women who lost their minds at the infamous Miranda clothed ass shot in ME2 were secretly lesbos. A choice was made to board and animate that scene the way they did, something players will watch over and over again.
A woman's behind is sexual, a man is not a woman.
Vlajdimir Ermenović

Post by Vlajdimir Ermenović »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 29th, 2024, 10:33
The hips are sexual. The ass is an organ that shits and farts.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vlajdimir Ermenović wrote: May 29th, 2024, 11:02

The hips are sexual. The ass is an organ that shits and farts.
I didn't say ass.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Both women and gay men perceive it as such. It's gay/female gaze.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

:yuck:
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Starting to wonder why these hundreds of women with custom fitted armor and katana weren't present for the initial defense against the Mongols.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Eyestabber wrote: May 28th, 2024, 23:54
Fellow niggers,

my internet is down today, but I'm using my phone mobile data just to say I played this game for about 2 minutes and it's complete and utter garbage. You start off with a bunch of chinks facing off against some other chinks that want to burn their mudhuts and rape their women. So far so good, mudhuts and holes are a good excuse for chopping some people up. However, I was immediately caught off guard by my usual strategy of mashing all buttons to skip the cutscene ASAP simply not working. After a quick google search I learned that you CANNOT skip cutscenes in this game, much like in the new God of War. So I hit alt f4, uninstalled and review bombed it. Not making the same mistake twice, unskippable cutscenes means trash game for soy filled bugmen.

I think out of my two minutes I had about 20 seconds of gameplay until my chink tripped on something and fell into another scripted cutscene. WELL, into the trash you go, enjoy the company of other amazing cinematic titles such as God of War and Metal Gear V. Shame about the refund, apparently Steam only refunds games you actually purchase. Oh well, there's always next time.

TL;DR: developers that make unskippable cutscenes deserve to be tortured, killed, raped and their remains should be fed to their children shortly before they meet the same fate.
The writers / devs are wannabe movie directors, nowadays. Same with the quippy writing and the rest.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

BobT wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 02:01
Fellow niggers,

my internet is down today, but I'm using my phone mobile data just to say I played this game for about 2 minutes and it's complete and utter garbage. You start off with a bunch of chinks facing off against some other chinks that want to burn their mudhuts and rape their women. So far so good, mudhuts and holes are a good excuse for chopping some people up. However, I was immediately caught off guard by my usual strategy of mashing all buttons to skip the cutscene ASAP simply not working. After a quick google search I learned that you CANNOT skip cutscenes in this game, much like in the new God of War. So I hit alt f4, uninstalled and review bombed it. Not making the same mistake twice, unskippable cutscenes means trash game for soy filled bugmen.

I think out of my two minutes I had about 20 seconds of gameplay until my chink tripped on something and fell into another scripted cutscene. WELL, into the trash you go, enjoy the company of other amazing cinematic titles such as God of War and Metal Gear V. Shame about the refund, apparently Steam only refunds games you actually purchase. Oh well, there's always next time.

TL;DR: developers that make unskippable cutscenes deserve to be tortured, killed, raped and their remains should be fed to their children shortly before they meet the same fate.
The writers / devs are wannabe movie directors, nowadays. Same with the quippy writing and the rest.
I also noticed this. While I appreciate games like Deathstranding, I wonder why these people are also not making movies if they want to do that sort of thing (granted, Deathstranding is perhaps the first game I personally played that felt cinematic as I usually stick to old games or games that are not quite like that). Would love to see the woke shit get drowned out by their direction attempts or things like it, much better than their stuff for sure.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

DagothGeas5 wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 09:06
I wonder why these people are also not making movies if they want to do that sort of thing
$70 games + DLC is more profitable so companies greenlit that instead of non Disney/Dreamworks style 3D CGI movies when the movie industry is dying.

Another issue is that a lot of Japanese anime and game creatives like Nobuo Uematsu or Mamoru Oshii have said in interviews that they originally eanted to work in film, but couldn't get in, so they instead settled for the next best thing, anime and games. Hideaki Anno is the rare case where he managed to acrue enough clout to graduate from directing anime to live action blockbusters.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

DagothGeas5 wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 09:06
I wonder why these people are also not making movies if they want to do that sort of thing
With Kojima, I imagine that he wants to be both a movie director and game designer, and has yet to figure out a way to mesh the two together to his satisfaction, so all his (recent) games have this weird fight between overindulging on the narrative, but also wanting the games to have engaging gameplay mechanics.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 09:18
$70 games + DLC is more profitable so companies greenlit that instead of non Disney/Dreamworks style 3D CGI movies when the movie industry is dying.
From the Sony leak, the games aren't that profitable either. Spiderman 2 barely broke even, TLOU2 made a minuscule profit.

The games cost as much to make as Hollywood blockbusters. Only reason games aren't suffering as disastrously as movies is that audiences haven't wised up yet in enough numbers to the fact the games are as pozzed as movies, but we're getting there, just look at the mass firings this year alone.
Last edited by gerey on June 3rd, 2024, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

BobT wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 02:01
Fellow niggers,

Yeah, I could tell that by the unskippable cutscenes. We Turtles have a moral obligation to boycott such games because WHY ELSE would you make your cutscenes unskippable if not to force an audience to watch your mediocre movie? Seriously, how can some of you miss the utterly condescending nature of this particular dick move? Buying a game like this is essentially paying to have a dangerhaired freak in your room calling you entitled for wanting to actually PLAY the game. "NUH UH, YOU WILL WATCH MUH STORY AND YOU'LL ENJOY IT, CHUD!". You are unironically contributing to the deconstruction of games, just as the anti-GG feminitards demanded. Might as well pick up a copy of Disco Communism while you're at it.
Last edited by Eyestabber on June 3rd, 2024, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.