We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Confess your gaming sins

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Confess your gaming sins

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I like walking simulators. What Remains of Edith Finch was cool except for the shoehorned in IMWF couple.

Tags:
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

I was a consoletard at first
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

I sometimes enjoy VNs/dating sims for the novelty of it
kerghnox

Post by kerghnox »

Alright. I enjoyed The Bureau despite being an OG XCOM fan and hating dumbed down nu-XCOM.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

I only finished Zelda 2 using F5-F7 a lot
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

I sometimes follow walk-throughs for games. Just following instructions can be cathartic, and there's no worry of missing content or wasting time figuring things out myself.
Last edited by OnTilt on April 15th, 2024, 22:01, edited 2 times in total.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

savescumming is how god intended games to be played
Anon

Post by Anon »

I often get bored at solving puzzles (btw RPGs shouldn't have puzzles, if I want puzzles I just go play a puzzle game) or face a dead-end at a quest so I check out the solution on internet instead of spending hours of gameplay trying to solve them
kerghnox

Post by kerghnox »

Shit nigger, this thread is already a trainwreck. :bounce:
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

Suikoden and the Trails games have conditioned me to look up walkthroughs to check for timed quests/missable content whenever I start a game. "Did you not speedrun the game and finish this timed sidequest before your save reached 10 hours played? Sorry, you can't get this party member and unlock the true ending". "Did you not start with someone else's clear save so you can access the NG+ quests and true ending that sets up the next game and you're expected to have seen in the next game?"
Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss on April 15th, 2024, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
kerghnox

Post by kerghnox »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: April 15th, 2024, 22:29
Suikoden and the Trails games have conditioned me to look up walkthroughs to check for timed quests/missable content whenever I start a game. "Did you not speedrun the game and finish this timed sidequest before your save reached 10 hours played? Sorry, you can't get this party member and unlock the true ending". "Did you not start with someone else's clear save so you can access the NG+ quests and true ending that sets up the next game and you're expected to have seen in the next game?"
Pretty sure Clive's bullshit quest isn't required for recruiting him or the true ending. I always preferred the normal ending.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

ye im guilty of looking up guides for shit, more so that i don't fuck up and make a decision i wouldn't want for my character role-play wise or miss out on content because i didn't comb every fucking thing in the right order and in time

also some guilty pleasure games like Skyrim and Heroes of Might and Magic 6 (3 and 5 are amazing, 6 is admittedly shit but i played it when i was younger and foolish, and had a fresh new pc that could handle it, i was ignorant of it's faults)
Last edited by Manny V on April 16th, 2024, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I try my hardest to squeeze every bit of content out of a game and will power game in RPGs to create a master of all character so that I don't possibly miss out of any content.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

I don't consider it a sin but most people do consider.

I don't play any game on melee. My reason is simple, if I was in a world with dragons, I'm not geting close to that thing, I'm trying to find the heaviest cannon possible and try to hit him at very long range. If there is spell, I'm getting access to the strongest spell possible to hit him. If there is no magic and firearms but dragons somehow, I'm picking the heaviest ballista possible, soaking the projectile with as much posion as possible. I would't use a melee weapon to hunt even boars.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

• I lose interest in gameplay in 2-5 hours, I start care only about the story, exploring the game world, quests (main and side quests), soaking up the atmosphere, immerse myself into the world, use cheats in the moments where leveling up usually is needed to experience the content;
  • Whenever I play rpg I create character as myself and make decisions along the lines of "what would I do in this situation?";
  • I prioritize story, style, art-design, graphics over gameplay(not a sin to me, but dark souls fans and "gameplay only matters" types get meltdown when I say this).
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 16th, 2024, 06:11
  • I lose interest in gameplay in 2-5 hours, I start care only about the story, exploring the game world, quests (main and side quests), soaking up the atmosphere, immerse myself into the world, use cheats in the moments where leveling up usually is needed to experience the content;
  • <snip>
  • I prioritize story, style, art-design, graphics over gameplay(not a sin to me, but dark souls fans and "gameplay only matters" types get meltdown when I say this).
Unfortunately, the HQ doesn't have the authority to forgive sins this weighty. Please consult with your local priest.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

WhiteShark wrote: April 16th, 2024, 06:19
Unfortunately, the HQ doesn't have the authority to forgive sins this weighty. Please consult with your local priest.
Come, monsieur, I am not seeking forgiveness, I am only boasting of my sinfulness and ignorance!
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

I just pretend that I'm playing a pre-cog like in that one Nick Cage movie.
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

If my character feels weak after a few hours of playing, I restart the game and look for a buildfag guide
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

If I abandon a playthrough for more than a week or so, I will never get back to complete that specific run. I tried to force myself multiple times into it but never managed.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Vergil wrote: April 16th, 2024, 05:40
I try my hardest to squeeze every bit of content out of a game and will power game in RPGs to create a master of all character so that I don't possibly miss out of any content.
That's not a sin, that's how it's supposed to be played.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

I min/max go the extreme then get bored of the game once combat becomes a chore. I tend to not finish RPGs because if this
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I rarely complete games because it makes me sad when it's over.
Vlajdimir Ermenović

Post by Vlajdimir Ermenović »

I can't get myself to like Quake. The bullet sponge enemies are a deal breaker for me. I respect it for the advances it made, but it's just not that fun to play when compared to doom or blood.

Same goes for BG2, the constant interruptions and walls of uninteresting text turn me off from the game with lots to appreciate otherwise.
Last edited by Vlajdimir Ermenović on April 16th, 2024, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.