We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

"Is this game any good?" Thread

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Red7

Post by Red7 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 03:10
BobT wrote: March 29th, 2024, 03:06
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 03:02
not a specific game, but any suggestions for what to play with one hand? I burned my right hand when pouring coffee, idk how long it's gonna stay hurting like fuck

more specifically, playing with one hand on keyboard not mouse
Ask @Red7

Regarding the burn, hope you got it sorted. Had a massive burn on the back of mine once from oil while cooking. Cooled it with cucumber and clingfilm for the night then went and got it properly burn treated & bandaged the next day. The scar has now gone, probably wouldn't have if I didn't get it treated.
scars are cool
i dont understand this maybe westerners got just lower pain threshold than slavs

i poured boiling water on may hand many times and its unpleasant on outer thin parts of skin but its not sharp pain or a problem to the affected part.
oil gets worse but if u wipe it off fast still no big issue. whenever i seen scene where they pour like boiling coffe or water on a guy and he screams in agony i got no idea why.

Tags:
Red7

Post by Red7 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 03:21
BobT wrote: March 29th, 2024, 03:14
Not on your hands they ain't, You need that skin stretchy and working.
Also playing with one hand, unironically Snes / Saturn emulated games. Mostly just using the keyboard, WASD, space and one or two other keys.
other hand is almost entirely scar tissue and works fine, got mauled by a shitbull as a kid and ripped the skin off my hand
i read about kid who found bobcat cub. he raised him and whn dog attacked him he mauled that dog to death.
every male kid should have bobcat imo.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Red7 wrote: March 29th, 2024, 11:26
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 03:10
BobT wrote: March 29th, 2024, 03:06

Ask @Red7

Regarding the burn, hope you got it sorted. Had a massive burn on the back of mine once from oil while cooking. Cooled it with cucumber and clingfilm for the night then went and got it properly burn treated & bandaged the next day. The scar has now gone, probably wouldn't have if I didn't get it treated.
scars are cool
i dont understand this maybe westerners got just lower pain threshold than slavs

i poured boiling water on may hand many times and its unpleasant on outer thin parts of skin but its not sharp pain or a problem to the affected part.
oil gets worse but if u wipe it off fast still no big issue. whenever i seen scene where they pour like boiling coffe or water on a guy and he screams in agony i got no idea why.
Wait I was supposed to be reading all your posts with a russian accent? You make so much more sense now
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

not a specific game, but any suggestions for what to play with one hand?

Jokes aside, here's a few suggestions

Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Boontaker wrote: March 29th, 2024, 13:43
Red7 wrote: March 29th, 2024, 11:26

Wait I was supposed to be reading all your posts with a russian accent? You make so much more sense now
I thought Red7 was schizophrenic and a psychopath, but actually he's just a slav
Red7

Post by Red7 »

gerey wrote: March 29th, 2024, 14:15

no clue about others but rapelay is a gem. all other illusion games after it were softer sadly
BobT

Post by BobT »

Red7 wrote: March 29th, 2024, 15:44

no clue about others but rapelay is a gem. all other illusion games after it were softer sadly
Any other one-handed gems for Rusty?
Red7

Post by Red7 »

BobT wrote: March 29th, 2024, 16:43
Red7 wrote: March 29th, 2024, 15:44

Any other one-handed gems for Rusty?
most of 1 handed games run on mouse tho

like keyboard stuff u can do only with jew sims like x3 and some management based shit
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Hello wrong thread or not, but is Pillar of Eternity woke? i want to try it out, i like CRpgs.. and other games i try left me unhappy lol.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

BLofbr wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 17:50
Hello wrong thread or not, but is Pillar of Eternity woke? i want to try it out, i like CRpgs.. and other games i try left me unhappy lol.
The first one? Not overtly so.
The second one? Yes.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 17:52
The second one? Yes.
It is incredibly boring, though.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

The second one? Yes.
Ahhhh Come onnnn... why is everything this steam pile of wokeshit -_- Good Crps are hard to find and i dont want to touch Divnity shit sin, is it possible to mod the woke out? or is it Really a huge thing in Pillars?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

BLofbr wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 17:54
The second one? Yes.
Ahhhh Come onnnn... why is everything this steam pile of wokeshit -_- Good Crps are hard to find and i dont want to touch Divnity shit sin, is it possible to mod the woke out? or is it Really a huge thing in Pillars?
If you just play the first one + DLCs you should be fine. They shook writers up for the second one and it really shows.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 17:55
BLofbr wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 17:54

The second one? Yes.
If you just play the first one + DLCs you should be fine. They shook writers up for the second one and it really shows.
ill give pillows of eternity 1 a try.
Last edited by BLofbr on April 2nd, 2024, 18:12, edited 2 times in total.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Acrux wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 17:52
The second one? Yes.
It is incredibly boring, though.
I fell asleep playing it a couple times and never got past the first chapter or whatever.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Someone knows if Solasta: Crown of the Magister, is a good game?
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

It's an okay game.
Acrux wrote: December 25th, 2023, 22:58
Solasta is okay. It's workmanlike, slightly boring 5E combat. I like the way they handled dialogue options. The official campaigns aren't very good, but there are a lot of really great user created campaigns. The Community Expansion mod is almost a necessity. There's an option for "they/them" gender during character creation, but it's purely performative virtual signaling because nothing about the sex of your characters ever comes up.
Last edited by WhiteShark on April 3rd, 2024, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

not a specific game, but any suggestions for what to play with one hand? I burned my right hand when pouring coffee, idk how long it's gonna stay hurting like fuck

more specifically, playing with one hand on keyboard not mouse
Most old turn based DOS RPGs are setup well for keyboard only.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

BLofbr wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 22:36
Someone knows if Solasta: Crown of the Magister, is a good game?
I don't know, but I've heard its alright and that it has support for making your own modules.
Anon

Post by Anon »

not a specific game, but any suggestions for what to play with one hand? I burned my right hand when pouring coffee
Kinda late to the party but any turn-based roguelikes/lites can be played with one hand. My favs are dungeon crawl stone soup, cataclysm dda and dwarf fortress, but there are many others.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Acrux wrote: December 21st, 2023, 18:54
Also, what about the Dungeons games?
I've only played Dungeons 1 & 2. They definitely have a "Dungeon Keeper" vibe but they are not the same games at all and weren't particularly memorable to me.

Dungeons 3 and 4... Look like zoom zoom mobile trash but I've never played them so I can't comment on the gameplay / fun factor.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Nooneatall wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 18:03
I fell asleep playing it a couple times and never got past the first chapter or whatever.
The first time I actually fell asleep playing a game was Diablo 4..
I remember running over an empty area on my horse and my eyes started getting heavy and I literally fell asleep.

Modern-Day-Gaming.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Acrux wrote: April 26th, 2024, 19:38
Anyone played this?

I had a ton of good time with this back in the day. They released a second one but I haven't played it.